Anyone have an NRX Loomis?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you do, how do you like it? Is it worth the money? I want one in a Med ex-fast 6'8". Just don't know if I would be able to tell a difference between it, and my GLX for pitching jigs.

The other rod I am kicking around is a Tuned Up Custom. Anyone with one of these?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a GLX I haven't used this year because of the St. Croix Legend Xtreme rods I have accumulated. I presume they are comparable to the NRX for about 150-180 bucks less. They are in the same price range of the GLX's and they blow them away IMO. The GLX is a really nice rod, these are just better.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way a St. Croix loads just feels right to me.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to know. I have a Croix Legend Elite. I will have to look at the Legend Extreme.

Anyone have a Tuned up custom?

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great another rod that I will have to buy

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a tuned up custom. Perfect for jigging....buckshots, slender spoons and rippin raps. It's an ice fishing rod if you didn't get it yet. I wouldn't be afraid to try their long rods. I rarely used my Thorne Bros rods last winter after getting the tucr.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like the look of their 6'8" med extra fast. Its the same one James Holst uses for pitching rippin raps on the IDO outdoors series.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, id be afraid to use a $380 dollar rod. I'd have to set up the cot in the garage for quite a while if I walked in with one of those.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, id be afraid to use a $380 dollar rod. I'd have to set up the cot in the garage for quite a while if I walked in with one of those.

Why would you ever take a rod in the house? They bounce/bend off the ceiling, knock stuff off shelves and are just generally a big pain in the rump in the house. Put it in the boat when you get home and that's that. Rod socks for all your rods makes it easier to "camouflage". (Hint)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Women can smell an unneeded fishing purchase from a mile away. I think it's part of their dna

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Throw a Patriarch on her and sleep in the garage with a smile on your face.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple St. Croix Legend Elites and a handful of NRXs. I agree that they are better than a GLX, but are not even in the same league as the NRXs. (No experience with the xtremes) The St. Croixs don't get used anymore, in fact they don't even make the cut to ride along in the boat. I couple them with a 30 series pflueger and they are a thing of beauty! Anyone want to purchase the St. Croixs at a greatly reduced cost?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 6'8' NRX. I started out years back with the GL3 Loomis and as finances permitted upgraded every year or two, went to IMX, then GLX, then NRX. I can say without question that every time I stepped up in quality/price, I didn't figure it could get any better. I was wrong. The step up from the GLX to the NRX is a huge difference, and I pitch mostly jigs and cranks with mine. I'm going to get another NRX, but getting the 7'1 this time, I think I will like that even better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75