APPLES, APPLES and more APPLES

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will be in Fargo on the 27th of October at Scheel Home and Hardware parking lot. They will have Honey Crisp and Ever Crisp apples there. 70 $ for a BU at 40 to44 #. You can get smaller amounts. Great people to work with. Guy that runs it lives in North Fargo. LB
I bought a 1/2 BU a few weekends ago. Their Honey Crisp are amazing, love hand picking my own out of their stock. My youngest said the juiciest apple he's ever eaten.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Over whelmed with apples this fall not honey crisp but great to eat,neighbors horses are my best friend lately.
Do you prune your trees to get that many apples? I often read a bird should be able to fly threw a tree.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you prune your trees to get that many apples? I often read a bird should be able to fly threw a tree.
Yes,every spring ( march usually) I hack em up pretty good to help keep the yield down then after they bud and little apples appear i shake the trees hard to drop a mass of tiny apples and after all this still get several bushels, late summer into fall its a pain mowing,all day project picking apples before I mow,love/hate deal cant/won't cut the tree's down,had neighbor kids come over and fill 5 gallon buckets for their mom to make pies and such,they grew up and left me to fend for myself....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 179
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31