Attempted Robbery At Local River In Minot Thwarted Off By Concealed Carry.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll tell you what else is strange; a bicycle. I thought gravity and magnets were bad enough, now I see science can't explain a freakn' bicycle. Centrifugal force doesn't hold up under scientific examination. This pisses me off.

Even more confounding, the Puch moped. Part bicycle, part moped.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't figure out how they get like 900 soda flavors in those new fangled Coke fountains with the touch screen. Love me some diet chokecherry Fanta!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My uncle (who taught me how to fish) had many hours of enjoyment and freedom in the Hills on a Puch. He also configured his Johnson:) to back reel and used it as an underspin on an EagleClaw baitcasting rod. As I grew in knowledge through reading etc; he was never interested as his way was the right way with fluorescent 6lb Stren. Got to fish with him for the last time when I was in the Farce. Left him alone on the riverbank as I moved up and down river with my buddy and our baitcasters. He was throwing a Jitterbug; we had spinnerbaits and braid. When we all linked back up he spoke of many strikes with no hook ups. Pard and I caught several 10-14in smallmouth. If I could go back to that day, I would stay beside him and have great sport. At that time, I was obsessed with catching. This was in the first days of the tackle "bag" and I had everything necessary. Weird you brought this up SD.
th

th

th

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't figure out how they get like 900 soda flavors in those new fangled Coke fountains with the touch screen. Love me some diet chokecherry Fanta!

i hate those things. I like a regular coke, and those damn machines seem add a hint of orange or cherry flavor even when not selected.

ps. you shouldve seen guywhosoldschool try to operate that machine yesterday at lunch. I had to do it for him bahaha

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't sleep much these days.

it is recommended that a person gets a solid 7 hours of sleep a night. Maybe you could try cutting down on your caffeine intake? or maybe some Tylenol PM just before you hit the sack

- - - Updated - - -

i hate those things. I like a regular coke, and those damn machines seem add a hint of orange or cherry flavor even when not selected.

ps. you shouldve seen guywhosoldschool try to operate that machine yesterday at lunch. I had to do it for him bahaha

Did he grumble under his breath. I was at one of those machines a few weeks back, and the old fella infront of me was at full on retard with trying to get his beverage of choice. He finally went back up to the counter freeing up the machine for those of us with less intimidation of soda dispenser's

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ginger Ale is suddenly an option somewhere other than an airplane, for that alone they're worth it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

You must purge the pipe a bit like after a whore.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell us the story of the ones that got away. :confused:

Workin on it, trying to get the video uploaded. It's a drunk driver on the highway.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the part about knowing every little detail of the story, but then forgetting the part about the guy keeping his gun on the offender until the police showed up? Having a very similar event happen shortly thereafter, so that the stories got confused? Has anyone seen any reports of this in the local news? Seems newsworthy to me.

tis a true story, just apparently not newsworthy compared to the rest of the stuff going on.

- - - Updated - - -

This was saturday night. Leaving the Garrison area about 7p heading down 83 towards Max area. Once they found out they were being tailed they flipped around after passing through Max, stopped at the gas station. Passenger gets out, walks around to the driver side and basically carries the driver to the passenger side. They then left, and headed southbound and were pulled over right away, problem being, the initial driver was now the passenger at the time of the stop.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So for six minutes and 50 second, you recorded this impaired driver did you call the highway patrol asap?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Workin on it, trying to get the video uploaded. It's a drunk driver on the highway.

- - - Updated - - -

tis a true story, just apparently not newsworthy compared to the rest of the stuff going on.

- - - Updated - - -

This was saturday night. Leaving the Garrison area about 7p heading down 83 towards Max area. Once they found out they were being tailed they flipped around after passing through Max, stopped at the gas station. Passenger gets out, walks around to the driver side and basically carries the driver to the passenger side. They then left, and headed southbound and were pulled over right away, problem being, the initial driver was now the passenger at the time of the stop.

I can see how you had the two stories mixed up because they are nearly identical situations and after almost an hour had passed from the time of your video to the original posting ones memory gets foggy.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So for six minutes and 50 second, you recorded this impaired driver did you call the highway patrol asap?

Was on the phone with a deputy giving coordinates n whatnot. I couldn't let this one slide, it was the worst I've seen out of any. People were coming up on the car at highway speeds in the passing lane, and this guy was lucky to be going 45 at an average speed. There were a few close calls as they passed. At one point he was cruising along at 25mph trying to keep it together.

- - - Updated - - -

So the problem was, the deputy setup across the road on the highway waiting for them to exit the gas station, while they were at the gas station, the driver switched with the passenger. Had the people been confronted at the gas station before they left, they would have at the very minimum been charged with APC. Since they waited and tried to get them in the act of driving.........backfire

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This spring went down to the little heart boat ramp to do a little casting off shore just before dark. When I got there notice a vech. parked with 4 people grilling behind a cardboard box (wind was blowing) Looked like living in vech. I would have to say they were Mexican because sounded that way and looked that way. Had to walk by going to spot to fish said Hi going by no response, in the back of my mind I'm thinking yea this could get weird. fished for a 1 1/2 hr. nothing happening all the time thinking what if. After that my glock spents more time with me. My little world is changing and with the glock I can have more time thinking about fishing instead of wondering what if 4 guys decide to jump me.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They didn't catch the DUI driver, but, 701FS, you'll probably get a ticket in the mail for distracted driving.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They didn't catch the DUI driver, but, 701FS, you'll probably get a ticket in the mail for distracted driving.

That sounds fun. I just felt it should be documented before he caused a 10 car pile up.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had you told the deputy at the time of the stop you saw them switch drivers, this could definitely have been charged as a dui. Essentially follow them to the stop and identify the passenger as the driver a few minutes earlier. Might even be security video of them switching spots.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had you told the deputy at the time of the stop you saw them switch drivers, this could definitely have been charged as a dui. Essentially follow them to the stop and identify the passenger as the driver a few minutes earlier. Might even be security video of them switching spots.

They knew. He never called me though after the stop.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14