Attempted Robbery At Local River In Minot Thwarted Off By Concealed Carry.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
12314084_444756729048752_8763711257090857188_n.jpg

couple hours ago downtown. Spose they got the shooter. Somebody said they saw 3 people cuffed I dunno.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
After thinking about it for a second he did. They did not get away actually. Said they hooked him for attempted robbery. Not sure why I forgot that, was thinking they got away. That's from a different event, from tonight actually.

Sounds like quite a story.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been approached twice now in S walmart bismarck parking lot by guys asking for money, one was a white guy and other appeared mexican. Both appeared to be under the influence of something and both went away quietly when I said no. Im starting to think that CC isnt a bad idea tho.... Last time I was with my GF and I could tell she was scared when he came over and tapped on her window.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a guy at runnings ask for some gas money, when I told him I didn't have any cash on me only credit cards, he asked if he could use my card to put $10.00 in his tank. As if I would give a beggar my card in hopes he only puts $10 in and comes back with it. I said I don't think so buddy, good luck to ya, the day labor place is just up the road and they pay you at the end of every work shift. He just scampered off, mumbling something.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No sheet! wonder if the bean was legal? another reason to ship these low lifes back south!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a guy at runnings ask for some gas money, when I told him I didn't have any cash on me only credit cards, he asked if he could use my card to put $10.00 in his tank. As if I would give a beggar my card in hopes he only puts $10 in and comes back with it. I said I don't think so buddy, good luck to ya, the day labor place is just up the road and they pay you at the end of every work shift. He just scampered off, mumbling something.

Beggars lives matter is what he was probably mumbling

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been approached twice now in S walmart bismarck parking lot by guys asking for money, one was a white guy and other appeared mexican. Both appeared to be under the influence of something and both went away quietly when I said no. Im starting to think that CC isnt a bad idea tho.... Last time I was with my GF and I could tell she was scared when he came over and tapped on her window.

There is a woman that works the cash registers in that store who can barely stand(she has to lean while she is working), uses a walker, and is on oxygen. I have seen her there a few times. She was on one of the registers near the eye center. Then you go out in the parking lot and there is an able-bodied young male begging. It makes you want to go kick him in the nuts.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what u guys r saying is that bismarck and the rest of the western part of the state now have beggars and crime.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like zebra mussels. Sooner or later

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
back to the first post... isn't it still illegal to leave a loaded gun unattended???

that's one of the reasons i gave mine up many many years ago... to go in someplace where carry us illegal, you have to unload and separate the 2 from each other...

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad it turned out the way it did and everything, but to actually consider shooting someone in the head who's not physically threatening or showing a weapon is a little extreme in my book

Not physically threatening? At what point with someone robbing you do you decide this? When it's too late? I too am glad he didn't shoot the dude, but when someone is willing to take the risk of robbing you, all bets are off. Especially when there's a child around who could also be harmed.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
back to the first post... isn't it still illegal to leave a loaded gun unattended???

that's one of the reasons i gave mine up many many years ago... to go in someplace where carry us illegal, you have to unload and separate the 2 from each other...

You haven't read the century code in awhile. It changes every two years when the legislature is in session. Give NDCC 62.1 a read (it's been whittled down to fewer than 20 pages so it shouldn't take long.)

http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t62-1.html

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Grandpa did great especially in front of his grandson. If he would have shot this guy not only he would have to live with it the rest of his life but his grandson would also have to carry that with him for ever.

In almost all states if the perpetrator is not absolutely positively showing a direct threat to ones life or another person life and you shoot and kill them......you are in a deep pile of poo.

sparetire

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else find the beginning of this thread strange and/or hard to follow?

You mean the part about knowing every little detail of the story, but then forgetting the part about the guy keeping his gun on the offender until the police showed up? Having a very similar event happen shortly thereafter, so that the stories got confused? Has anyone seen any reports of this in the local news? Seems newsworthy to me.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll tell you what else is strange; a bicycle. I thought gravity and magnets were bad enough, now I see science can't explain a freakn' bicycle. Centrifugal force doesn't hold up under scientific examination. This pisses me off.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll tell you what else is strange; a bicycle. I thought gravity and magnets were bad enough, now I see science can't explain a freakn' bicycle. Centrifugal force doesn't hold up under scientific examination. This pisses me off.

Dafuq do you put in your coffee?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

try riding your motorcycle with a fat chick on the back, its the same thing, but you look like a fool

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14