Atv tracks

Hey guys was thinking of getting a set of tatou 4s tracks for my brute force 750 for icefishing. Just wondering if any of you have tracks and how you like them.i also don't have power steering . How you think they would be without it. Thanks alot

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of camoplast tracks on a 700 arctic cat. I don't have power steering but as long as you are moving its not a problem for me. I've had mine for 5 years and have never needed them yet. I put them on and play around with them but in all realty I regret the $4000 I spent on getting them. Now I have a side by side and don't plan on getting a set for that. I still have the 4 wheeler and tracks as a back though.

Walleye master

I probably wouldn't buy them new. I found a set a guy is selling for like $2600. That's another thing I'm trying to decide to. If I wanna get them or see how this winter goes with just my tires. I was fine last year with my tires but we had a pretty mild winter

buzzard01

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have them on a 2009 Brute force..I think there great..No ploblems steering and go anywhere in the snow..

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got em for my Ranger, no power steering and not a problem to steer. They will probably outlast the Ranger, never had any issues but they get parked in a heated shop and thaw out every time.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey buzzard do you end up putting them on every year

I've got a set for a 750 King Quad. They take ~60min to install so I don't put them on until the snow is too deep for tires/chains to work. Getting the studs lined up and the tracks actually pushed on into place is really what takes the longest because they're heavy and unwieldy.

Walleye master

Do you think they are worth to have. I don't wanna get some then never need them but also if we get snow and I need them then I'm out of luck

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you think they are worth to have. I don't wanna get some then never need them but also if we get snow and I need them then I'm out of luck

describe your uses.

I know some people don't like the tremendous blizzard they have to endure under certain scenarios (whereas an older two-up snowmobile makes the journey easy-peasy)

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it really depends where you fish. Living in Bismarck and fishing a lot in the southern part of the state i don't think there has been a winter in the past 5-6 years where you needed tracks. Tracks slow you down, use more gas and cause more wear and tear on your machine. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome if you truly need them, but 90% of the time i see guys using them around here i just kind of shake my head. If you do decide to buy some you can pretty much guarantee you wont need them the next 5 years, if you don't we will get 100" this year;:;rofl

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know this is off subject kind of but I thought I would throw out another option to think about.
Jwheelz

Maybe someone has tried these and can give you some input

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didnt Tim Sandstrom have a set of J-wheelz?

Walleye Master, where are you fishing? This makes all the difference on if you will need tracks or not. Personally, if I had a atv I would just buy a snowmobile if you need one. ATV's with tracks throw a shit ton of fine snow dust that gets everywhere. and I mean everywhere! I found this out on a 5 mile ride on the back of my buddies rig last winter. If I had a ranger, I would go for tracks, assuming you had a cab.

Walleye master

I'm from minot . I'll be fishing Audubon, the big lake, Metigoshie and out east a little bit like devils lake and in-between

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the tracks on my Polaris RZR, but I have a cab. I fish in the tundra of the NE and they have got me into and out of a bunch of hairy areas.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
SW ND is the banana belt, the 15 yrs I have lived in this area, tracks would have been needed almost never. I fish the skunk bay area, and Mckenzie, some at tobacco gardens.
I can't remember a winter where I wouldn't have been able to fish

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Prairie 650 and had tracks. For the amount of abuse it had on the machine, I sold the tracks and bought a 02 Indy classic 2 Up a few years ago. For me, tracks were not the answer to a lot of snow.

Walleye master

My dad has tracks for his Wheeler and the thing does throw some serious snow. Maybe I'll just get some new tires and see what happens

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
well then, just borrow your dads wheeler with tracks when needed. much cheaper than buying your own!

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know this is off subject kind of but I thought I would throw out another option to think about.
Jwheelz

Maybe someone has tried these and can give you some input

I have not tried these, but it sure would limit your hauling options by having these on the machine. Maybe a guy would have to take them off to get it into the back of a pickup? Just one of the things I thought about. And I feel they are way to expensive.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31