ATV Trailer Length??

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a 16' dual axle light duty car trailer.
Pulls nice, and I have room for the Ranger, and fish house all hooked up and ready to go.
I would like an enclosed one eventually, but don't use what I have enough to justify buying one. Would be nice to leave everything in the trailer and be secure.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOTS of members in that there club!
I can get a 2nd rig like mine or a sled/house combo on the other side as well. It's a drive-off V-front so you jackknife it when you get where you're going, put the ramp on the front and drive both rigs off. Put the ramp on the rear to load. Ramp (Bi-fold) stores under the rear on a shelf with retainer bars.

Mrs. KDM can join the club of angry wives/girlfriends who are unappreciative of my "help" (grin)

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another nice thing about deck-over trailers like SDMF's is they follow in your wheel tracks. I like to get as close to where I need to be with the pickup as possible, with blown in trails it's much easier to do if you're only breaking trail with 2 tires.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF said:
I can get a 2nd rig like mine or a sled/house combo on the other side as well. It's a drive-off V-front so you jackknife it when you get where you're going, put the ramp on the front and drive both rigs off. Put the ramp on the rear to load. Ramp (Bi-fold) stores under the rear on a shelf with retainer bars.

Mrs. KDM can join the club of angry wives/girlfriends who are unappreciative of my "help" (grin)
KDM said:
I believe she is a "Founding" member of THAT club............you double schlepp!!!!!

LOTS of members in that there club!

You two assholes by all means, let me know when I'm wrong.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had this conversation with a buddy of mine who got an enclosed trailer that was 1" wider than his sxs with tracks on it... and now wants a new sxs but the new one is wider than the one he has once you add tracks... so now he has a 17' x7' enclosed trailer that is too narrow... my suggestion is 8.5' wide and 20+ long... so you can put a sxs and a wheeler in and still have room and you are able to get in and out of the sxs... this is for an enclosed trailer... imo go big or you will wish you had gone bigger

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am planning on a big tex 77'" in by 12 ft wide single axle. This is wide enough and long enough to hold a single cab ranger with tracks. I have looked at tandem and they do pull a little better but I need a smaller trailer for working around a hobby farm and yard.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You two assholes by all means, let me know when I'm wrong.

That'll be an interesting day!! Don't think I'll try to hold my breath for that though. Thanks guys for the help, ideas, thoughts, and experiences. Seems to me that trailers are alot like garages. When you finally get one, it's immediately too small.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am planning on a big tex 77'" in by 12 ft wide single axle. This is wide enough and long enough to hold a single cab ranger with tracks. I have looked at tandem and they do pull a little better but I need a smaller trailer for working around a hobby farm and yard.

The tandem axle is so much more of a nicer ride, easier on your equipment, trailer, and tow vehicle. It might be worth pulling one of each prior to buying. I think you will be convinced at spending the extra little bit for a tandem trailer.

None of my business, just personal experience from a guy that seems to always buy the wrong thing, and then wish he spent the extra few on what I really wanted.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an 8.5 X 10 sled trailer. Added some extra tie down points and haven't looked for another. Dual purpose and does the job. Hauls 2 wheelers when needed or wheeler and house. No complaints on this setup.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88