Audubon Access

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody been to audubon lately? How is the access, and how safe is the ice?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Jm - I fished Audubon Saturday afternoon...access to the lake at the Totten Trail ramp was fine...just gotta be careful driving on the ice, watch for the drifts...you can get stuck pretty quick even in a 4x4 truck. Not sure how access will be now after this last round of snow today?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone been by the turtle lake ramp or lane ramp? Never ice fished Audubon but I would like to give it a shot this year.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As of Saturday access in NE corner was snowmobile or tracked machine only.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are just finishing opening up the Totten trail ramp right now. there is plenty of snow left on the lake itself, and pretty deep in some spots. But for the most part driveable. 18 1/2 inches of ice as of right now.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
They are just finishing opening up the Totten trail ramp right now. there is plenty of snow left on the lake itself, and pretty deep in some spots. But for the most part driveable. 18 1/2 inches of ice as of right now.

Thanks for the info!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying they actually clear the ramp? What a novel idea, i wish they would make an occasional pass at one or two of the ramps south of Bismarck. So is a guy still good with an ATV even after this latest snow on Audubon?

Last edited:

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you can get on the ice via the ramp at Totten Trail, biggest challenge in a vehicle/ATV is not hitting a big drift!

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will be fine with an atv. One of the guys that cleared the ramp plowed a road onto the lake. He went quite a ways back and did a great job. Even went around some of the houses for people that were in them. Only time will tell if the road gets blown in but right now its awesome

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the ice doesn't seem very safe. It appears to be melting quick in the whisky bath I'm giving it right now but I thank it for its sacrifice for my drinking pleasure.

As for the Ice on Audubon that shit is never truly safe. that is one of the sketchiest damn lakes to drive on in this state. With all the sunken islands it makes for the highly variable ice thicknesses especially come later in the season so be careful out on her because that lake has a serious appetite for vehicles.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Went to check access on north side today. No access at 3 mile. No access to east end. There is access by the cabins. Access good at Totten Trail as well.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fishing is no good but it's the only decent place to get a permanent on the water

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buddy and I went off at Totten yesterday about 1 PM, he was on his wheeler with trax, I followed in my truck-parked my truck out past first island, hooked my flipover to his and we continued east on his wheeler toward 3 Mile Corner...picked an area in 12-18 fow and set up, ice probably 20 inches, between the 2 of us caught 7 or 8 eyes...1 keeper 16.5-started heading back after 6...was 13 below when I got back in the truck!

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
People have been out clearing access areas. You can get in 3 mile, but you have to go into the development and go on. Someone made a nice road at the cabin site ramp which goes to the east leaving the bay. Also heard someone opened up the embankment. Still plenty of snow on the ice but ice 20" or better in the spots I checked.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People have been out clearing access areas. You can get in 3 mile, but you have to go into the development and go on. Someone made a nice road at the cabin site ramp which goes to the east leaving the bay. Also heard someone opened up the embankment. Still plenty of snow on the ice but ice 20" or better in the spots I checked.

So the gravel road to 3 Mile has been plowed?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

As in, coming from the west?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33