Aug 1 seat belt law

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Affirmitive, and all passengers must then wear one as well.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still miffed about the blinker in the roundabout......I always wear my seatbelt anyway, can't imagine my boys seeing me thrown from the vehicle.

Thanks for the reminder!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I buckle up on long trips but have always had a bad habit of not buckling up for short trips . Told my bride just this morning about the new law and said I might as well get used to it now. When I was a kid my favorite place to ride was behind the back seat by the rear window. Now days someone or pertneer everyone would be calling 911 to report that .

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was up for a vote 1 or 2 sessions prior. I’m embarrassed I didn’t know it was on the last session. This law is a horrible one. It will lead to unreasonable search and seizures. It’s one persons word against the other to start it out, then it opens other cans of worms. I don’t care if you’re on the straight and narrow or not. This is a horrible law.

Pretty sure the signers of the Declaration of Independence didn’t write the constitution to have their wagons pulled over and then possibly searched. They killed the Brits to end that.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to Joe Manchin now:

I believe in seatbelt choice except for minors. In '00 after a midshift; pard & I were on our way to Grano on a semi(?) dicey 83. I was not strapped in against AF regs. Around about Glenburn Pard encountered a hill and needed to downshift. There was a southbound semi approaching from the distance.

I don't recall if he went from 5th to 3rd or 4th to 2nd: The truck went into a pinwheel, crossed the south lane with a couple quick visuals of the oncoming truck and came to rest (Thank You God) perpendicular/pointing up to the road.

When Pard recounts the incident he finds great amusement in hearing the rapid snaps of me trying to engage the seatbelt, not spilling a drop from the minnow bucket and effort required to pull seat covers from our rectums. I'm sure the truck driver was "entertained" with a similar rectal experience.

I can no longer be in a car/truck without being strapped. The "freedom" of movement seems uncomfortable. The seatbelt mechanism WILL NOT unlock when "experiencing" "unnatural" g-forces.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My vehicles both have the ding warnings for seatbelts also have weight sensor in the passenger seat that detects even a 10# puppy. I fasten the belt behind me and leave it fastened and when I want to make it look like I'm wearing my belt i just pull the belt over my head. I have been pulled over for speeding and the leo didn't even notice that it was behind me. Reminds me of the automatic seat belts of the cars in the 90's that would automatically engage after you turned on the ignition.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My vehicles both have the ding warnings for seatbelts also have weight sensor in the passenger seat that detects even a 10# puppy. I fasten the belt behind me and leave it fastened and when I want to make it look like I'm wearing my belt i just pull the belt over my head. I have been pulled over for speeding and the leo didn't even notice that it was behind me. Reminds me of the automatic seat belts of the cars in the 90's that would automatically engage after you turned on the ignition.
Why not just wear it? Do people really find them that uncomfortable? I never wore mine until I got my CDL around the age of 21. only took a few days to get used to it. I'm not saying I agree with this new law, just saying wearing a seat belt is not that big of a deal IMO. During my 7 year truck driving career I saw lots of accidents. the worst was when an oncoming suv with 4 people in it lost control and rolled throwing the driver (only one not wearing a seatbelt) into my lane. The woman driving the car in front of me ran over the poor guy squishing him like a bug. The others all walked away.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can pull you over for anything anyway. I had a leo pull me over recently, citing that he thought my license plate was missing on the front, when it CLEARLY wasn't.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a dumb law but I do always wear mine anyways, too many stupid distracted drivers these days. Same reason I sold my motorcycle.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84