Baffin Boots

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My fingers and toes get cold easily so I just resort to fishing in the shelter after awhile. I hate perch fishing so I don't need to run and gun anyway. Just setup on structure and wait for the eyeballs to feed

- - - Updated - - -

Did you hear who the three suspects are???

So no perch fishing or trolling? Just set up on structure and wait for eyeballs? Sounds horrific.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags tells fibs. He can be coerced into chasing perch.

You just have to promise him a fun day with a super grumpy "glass is always half empty" co-fisherman. He can't resist.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple of pair of baffins and last year I discovered Schnees pac boots and so far I prefer them over the Baffin boots because they are comfortable to walk in and a little narrower which makes it easier to drive while wearing them. I have the hunter II model but they have other models to choose from.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple of pair of baffins and last year I discovered Schnees pac boots and so far I prefer them over the Baffin boots because they are comfortable to walk in and a little narrower which makes it easier to drive while wearing them. I have the hunter II model but they have other models to choose from.

I have a pair of Schnees Hunter II on order right now.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member

One thing about Schnees boots is that they seem to run about 1/2 size smaller than normal but their CS is good and I had no issues sending my pair back for a larger size.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually wear a size 10, so I ordered a size 11 cause I figured with a liner and a heavy weight sock I'd need an 11. Well they were too big and I sent them back and ordered a size 10, hope they fit better than the 11's.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do the Schnees differ from say a Sorel pack boot? It appears they have a felt insole and some sort of thermal liner.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would never own anything called "Schnee": Sounds like something Guy would do to his buttocks with spruce branches in a hot spring.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never owned a pair of sorel boots. But here is a picture of the inserts image.jpg
Schnees claims they can rebuild your boots if they wear out hope that doesn't happen for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Wild I was the opposite. Had to go one size larger.

Attachments

image.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just ordered some Baffin ice breakers tonight. Scheels didn't have my size. Hopefully they keep my feet warm otherwise I'm quitting ice fishing.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just ordered some Baffin ice breakers tonight. Scheels didn't have my size. Hopefully they keep my feet warm otherwise I'm quitting ice fishing.

I have a pair of Baffin Apex I have used a couple times now. They are a very bulky boot, but are stupid warm. I can still drive with them, but it requires some adjustment.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are comfortable boots but my schnees the rubber cracked after 1.5 years, sent them back and they resoled them for free but they cracked again. I don't know if they are worth resoling again unless they do it for free. rubber these days sucks the boots cracked on top where they flex while walking.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Baffin Apex I have used a couple times now. They are a very bulky boot, but are stupid warm. I can still drive with them, but it requires some adjustment.
Yeah that seems to be be draw back with any boot that says it can keep my foot warm. I typically don't put my boots on til I get to the lake, so that'll help some. I'm out of options for foot inferno possibilities.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do the Schnees differ from say a Sorel pack boot? It appears they have a felt insole and some sort of thermal liner.

Better support, less bulk, much more comfortable to walk in.

origianlly posted by RIVERVIEW

they are comfortable boots but my schnees the rubber cracked after 1.5 years, sent them back and they resoled them for free but they cracked again. I don't know if they are worth resoling again unless they do it for free. rubber these days sucks the boots cracked on top where they flex while walking.

Are you soaking the bottoms in gasoline over night? My Hunter II's are from 2001 and are still in excellent shape and I've worn them a TON.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that seems to be be draw back with any boot that says it can keep my foot warm. I typically don't put my boots on til I get to the lake, so that'll help some. I'm out of options for foot inferno possibilities.

I imagine it is like choosing between the very hot, skinny chick that is super fun but never makes you comfortable by cooking and cleaning VS. the one that is a bit fluffy, but makes you feel like a king. Always trade offs in life my friend.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I imagine it is like choosing between the very hot, skinny chick that is super fun but never makes you comfortable by cooking and cleaning VS. the one that is a bit fluffy, but makes you feel like a king. Always trade offs in life my friend.
Very well put! I laugh every time I hear the "as hot as she is, someone is sick of her shit."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5