Benchie ATVs and SidexSide

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for any information and reviews on the Benchie atvs that river city sells. What is the reason they are a few thousand cheaper than one of the bigger brands?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My concern was repairs, and newness.
I went with a used ranger, felt better about saving a few on a used tried and true, rather than saving on a new questionable

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
As my wife's 40th birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary approached, I was picking up on her hints for a UTV that she was throwing down. She loves to ice fish but refuses to walk the distance I do on early ice. She claims she would go with if we had a UTV. As I was checking the reviews of the Benchies, Odes, etc. I saw mostly horrible reviews. Most of the complaints where that they were cheaply made and when breakdowns occurred, finding parts was difficult. I actually surprised her with a new 2014 Kawasaki Teryx holdover. It had great reviews and so far we really like it. It is an 800, power steering, adjustable Fox podium suspension, comes with a plastic roof, and a 3 year warranty (the warranty is what sold me). The shorter box is something to be desired but we love the two HUGE dry storage compartments behind the seats.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the ranger for ice fishing, infact the box is big enough for all of my gear. I don't even really have to pull the sled anymore. I use a pop up Eskimo most of the time, or fish the open outdoors.

Love the UTV, would hate going back to the days of old.

What every you decide make certain you get EFI, a friend has an older carb model which sometimes doesn't like to start.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
johnr, ours is fuel injected and my question is, do you have to run thinner oil for it to start in the winter? Am I going to have trouble starting when it gets down to say 0 or -10?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, run the same oil year round.
I don't change mine, the mechanic does his thing, I do mine by paying him, and we go our separate ways.
I am sure its the same though.

Starts as good year round

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74