Best pistol?

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an XDM and cant say anything bad about it.

Same here. I have a .40 in the 3.8". Fun to shoot. No complaints other than i wish i would've gotten night sights.

Next one will either be a kimber or some type of revolver.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
hi point is the best gun ever made. When your out of ammo you can beat the intruder to death with it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
hi point is the best gun ever made. When your out of ammo you can beat the intruder to death with it.

You actually have a valid point IMHO. It's built for limited service and you don't mind losing it in the evidence locker. Damned if I'd want a Les Baer tucked away by the racist police.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
More or less home defense/concealed carry

What is this pistol going to be used for home defense, concealed carry, hunting, range, or BBQ gun? Answer this question then we can start to narrow it down.

- - - Updated - - -

So what if you are in a crowded mall and need to take a 75 yard head shot what is best. Old fbo guys will understand this question the best.

I literally burst out laughing when I read this, is that wrong?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Careful, Vollmer will wrap your knuckles for talk of shooting people. Advertisers don't like it. Ask me how I know.

That was a light wrap on the knuckles. At least he didn't take you out back and beat the tar out of you in the darkness of night with no witnesses.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I literally burst out laughing when I read this, is that wrong?[/QUOTE]

Kurt knows damn right 75yds is not "difficult".

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
More or less home defense/concealed carry

IMO, you should be looking for 2 different handguns then.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member

I just picked up a EEA Witness in 9mm and I love it. Couldn't go wrong for $248 either.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
As mentioned before, the best for you is one that fits your hand. Put the grip firmly into the web between your thumb and fore finger. Line up the barrel with the bones in your arm. Now, can you operate the trigger? Test fire something in that caliber. Is the recoil uncomfortable for you?
How familiar are you with handguns? The style that's easiest to determine whether it's loaded or not is still a double action revolver. They are a good place to start, and my wife would argue a good place to stay.
And then there's budget. It does little good to buy a firearm that is so expensive or expensive to shoot you can't afford practice ammunition.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 2