Bha North Dakota chairman

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Other than to keep the public out of public land it serves no purpose.
The signs dont keep the public out. You can walk and bike all you want, you just can't drive.

And lets be honest, in todays day and age, if you could drive it would look like the enduro at the state fair in Minot every single day of deer season.

I like hunting deer, not having to outsmart other hunters for 16 days. Yes its a part of it, but i'm more into looking for deer and not orange.

Its a quality of the hunt, type argument for these roadless areas. And if its getting this contentious, then maybe I will start supporting further limitations on archery hunting and seperate seasons, different management to preserve that quality of the hunt. It really is world class out there.

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
95% of the badlands is roaded, why not leave the remaining 5% be. It would do us all some good to get out and walk some..

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im of the school if it isnt broke dont fix it. I dont want new roads or old roads closed. Pressure for more roads comes from the energy people and ranchers who think the gov shoukd turn it over to them. Opposite pressure for no roads comes from the pseudoenvironmentalists. Tell them all to kiss off and leave it alone.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just like everyone other special interest group in this state for Ag and Energy. Wildlife interests have just as much right to be there, and I for one am glad my values are somewhat represented, although rarely heeded at the capital in Bismarck.

Do you have a problem with FB and FU and Petroleum Council and Wind too at the capital, or are they on the up and up?

We the people own the wildlife. We the people of North Dakota employ the ND Game and Fish to manage our wildlife. These other wildlife interests you speak of....they can lobby. Provided they abide by the laws.

Several laws restricts federal agencies and/or their employees from lobbying. Especially States Rights Issues. They cannot lobby during business hours while on the payroll or use communications equipment paid for by the taxpayer to influence the outcome of grassroots legislation or BALLOT MEASURES.

They cannot involve or include the agency they work for. However, on their own time, federal agency employees can start or join non-governmental non-profit wildlife interest orgs. At which point who do they serve? The wildlife, the ND Sportsmen, or their agenda?

In 2005 I attended a ND Chapter of the Wildlife Society meeting. I wasn't sure if I was in America that whole day. They brought in a keynote speaker who grew up in communist east Germany. He said, "the management of wildlife should not reside with the Legislature. The management of wildlife should be squarely in the hands of highly intelligent wildlife professionals."

To the sportsmen of ND I say, never relinquish control of your wildlife.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was completely biased when I started reading this thread beings I knew nothing about the BHA. I kept on open mind while I read all the posts. After I read Uncle Jimbos I thought to myself "The North Dakota BHA chapter seems to be run by some pretty good people." Then I read Brocks post and thought "I was wrong, its run by an asshole."

The point Im trying to make is if you're trying to promote your organization make sure you pay attention to how you talk. Like I said before, I was COMPLETELY BIASED on this issue but now I have a sour taste in my mouth about BHA.

Brock you need to tone it down, or just stop talking completely.

Uncle Jimbo you need to speak on behave of the BHA. Being polite, informative and articulate goes a long way. Keep it up!

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey - being an asshole doesn't matter - it's what you get done. Just ask Trum....

Never mind.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I honestly will say I read very little of what anyone wrote, as I don't care enough, nor did I want to read a Gabe sized post.

Being talked down too is pretty lame, and that is not what Trump did, in fact he related real well with his voters, and took it to his opposition with gusto, but he was far from being a prick to the people he was trying to lead. Just knowing the media hated him, and hollywood hated him made me like him even more.

The I am smarter than you attitude is uglier than Rosie O'Donnell, and will turn people off.

Whatever this BHA is you are sure not going to attract members/donors by being a self righteous prick.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
We the people own the wildlife. We the people of North Dakota employ the ND Game and Fish to manage our wildlife. These other wildlife interests you speak of....they can lobby. Provided they abide by the laws.

Several laws restricts federal agencies and/or their employees from lobbying. Especially States Rights Issues. They cannot lobby during business hours while on the payroll or use communications equipment paid for by the taxpayer to influence the outcome of grassroots legislation or BALLOT MEASURES.

They cannot involve or include the agency they work for. However, on their own time, federal agency employees can start or join non-governmental non-profit wildlife interest orgs. At which point who do they serve? The wildlife, the ND Sportsmen, or their agenda?

In 2005 I attended a ND Chapter of the Wildlife Society meeting. I wasn't sure if I was in America that whole day. They brought in a keynote speaker who grew up in communist east Germany. He said, "the management of wildlife should not reside with the Legislature. The management of wildlife should be squarely in the hands of highly intelligent wildlife professionals."

To the sportsmen of ND I say, never relinquish control of your wildlife.

You must be a politician yourself, the way you danced around that question.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it appears to me there is a another group similar to this group.

BadlandsConservationAlliance.org

Or are they completely different?

BadlandsConservationAlliance.
org

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh yes, the Badlands Conservation Alliance. They must have found a new foundation to fund them in 2020. They were defunded 2017, 2018 and 2019 because they were not getting much accomplished. Their mission is to create a large preserve or monument wilderness area. I forget what it was to be called but it was located south of Fryburg. They now have an all female board.

https://www.badlandsconservationalliance.org/board

I began reading the first profile and started laughing. She is married to Tracey Potter. A life long democrat he couldn't keep an elected position so he was the executive director of the Fort Abraham Lincoln Foundation. That foundation received some federal funding and Tracey used some of that to take an entourage to Washington DC to lobby for even more federal funding for the Northern Plains Heritage Area. Using federal money to beggar Congress for even more is illegal. That and when the people in those five counties along the Missouri River found out they had been included without their knowledge or consent in a Congressional designation...they flipped shit.

BCA founding members mostly came from the ND Chapter of the Wildlife Society. If they could just find that one big fish foundation to cut them a big check.

No Zogman, BHA and BCA are different. The theme is the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55