big 3 drawing

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called and talked to a gal in licensing, and she gave me this response. Preference points are not given out the first year a hunter is unsuccessful with drawing a tag, but 1 point is awarded if that same hunter is unsuccessful a second year. therefore, it takes 2 years in a row to get your first point, then yearly after that....;:;banghead

Well that sucks

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it changed to show you the points that you had going into the 2016 lottery. Mine changed as well - down by 1.

Previously it showed the points that you would have for the 2017 lottery.

- - - Updated - - -

I called and talked to a gal in licensing, and she gave me this response. Preference points are not given out the first year a hunter is unsuccessful with drawing a tag, but 1 point is awarded if that same hunter is unsuccessful a second year. therefore, it takes 2 years in a row to get your first point, then yearly after that....;:;banghead

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ETA - No I was not successful for the elk drawing.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uhh... if that's how it works, they've changed it, and ill be damn if I'm gonna lose a pref point over the deal.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't get to worked up yet. I believe the points are just showing what you had going into 2016 drawing.

[FONT=&quot]How do bonus points accrue in the weighted lottery?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An applicant unsuccessful in drawing his or her first choice permit in the first lottery this year receives a bonus point for next year's lottery.[/FONT]

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was always told if you didn't draw a tag, you got a point. Am I crazy, or is this not how they do it?

I'm not sure if you're crazy or not, but you are correct on how people get preference points. It appears they haven't added points for the 2016 drawing yet. I emailed them earlier, but haven't received a response. Their problem is that they put "Current Points" or whatever, but it's not current

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I wouldn't get to worked up yet. I believe the points are just showing what you had going into 2016 drawing.

How do bonus points accrue in the weighted lottery?
An applicant unsuccessful in drawing his or her first choice permit in the first lottery this year receives a bonus point for next year's lottery.

Alright, Yep. Looked into it more, and I was jumping ahead of myself. Apologies to everyone for stirring things up.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm up to 5 bonus points this year... bet I can't draw a doe tag in a unit with left over tags

ndcopper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel bad in saying it, but I drew moose and elk. A cow with each, but I don't eat antlers. The even funnier thing is my buddy drew both as well, cow elk and any moose. Sorry guys.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel bad in saying it, but I drew moose and elk. A cow with each, but I don't eat antlers. The even funnier thing is my buddy drew both as well, cow elk and any moose. Sorry guys.

Whoa.........congrats!

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look forward to seeing you and your buddy at next year's get togethers with coolers of treats in tow ;) jk, congrats!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well congrats, did you send in an extra C-note with your app?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better go buy a lottery ticket.
Also welcome aboard!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't think that is correct. It seems I don't get my first choice every other year. I got my first choice in 2015. 2016 I got my second choice and have 1 point going into this year.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I don't think that is correct. It seems I don't get my first choice every other year. I got my first choice in 2015. 2016 I got my second choice and have 1 point going into this year.

Like I said yesterday, it seems I jumped the gun and misunderstood the information placed in front of me. My mistake.

rob boy

I just joined the forum and am finding it very useful. I also drew a E2 any elk tag. I have been reading the forum to learn more about ND elk.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31