Big-ass Handguns

Which gun for killing dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bed wetter the red will be on fire by the time the high sun hits tomorrow right in fargay. Just sayin...

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whatever you do, don't get the fitty. I was watching myth busters and that thing will take ur hotdog right off if you get it ahead of the cylinder face!

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
a few videos on youtube of 50 bmg pistols. yeah they're only single shots but I don't think you'd want to shoot it a second time.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
:cool:

Attachments

64263.jpg

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. A 45-70 shot from a Sharps is actually quite manageable and fun it also makes you feel like Tom Selleck on Quigley Down Under
2. One of my most enjoyable deer hunts was with a pistol, so whatever you decide will be fun. My Dad didn't believe me that the mule deer would come into a jackrabbit in distress call. So I had him sit with me about 6 years ago when I called a doe in from about 500 yards out and she came RUNNING at us and stopped at about 25 yards. One shot from my Dad's Ruger Super Redhawk .44 with open sights was all that was needed.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. A 45-70 shot from a Sharps is actually quite manageable and fun it also makes you feel like Tom Selleck on Quigley Down Under
2. One of my most enjoyable deer hunts was with a pistol, so whatever you decide will be fun. My Dad didn't believe me that the mule deer would come into a jackrabbit in distress call. So I had him sit with me about 6 years ago when I called a doe in from about 500 yards out and she came RUNNING at us and stopped at about 25 yards. One shot from my Dad's Ruger Super Redhawk .44 with open sights was all that was needed.

Quigley used a 45-110

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That .50 single shot is retarded. I not talking in a scary bad ass way. That's a waste. I suppose if you have the means there's some redeeming qualities to make noise and see fireballs.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a cool story and thanks for learnin' me something!

I've heard a TC Contender with a super 14 barrel in 30-30 with factory round nose 150 gn pills works pretty well on dinner out to about 150 yds, but again, that's just what I've heard.

Correct. Uncle back in the Hills did it every year. Shot many of his NP sptizer handloads at steel with nothing scary to concern myself. A .30/30 and .44 Rem are similar down range so perhaps this is the rub. (I said "spitzer" as I don't know if flatnose NP's exist)

On a side note; the all time greatest TC bbl has to be the .257 Roberts. Like a lazer, recoil like a .38: When I bought the 7 in ninth grade, my uncle was very disappointed. He told me in a wizened, sad voice he would've kept me supplied with Robert's fodder. Makes me sad now. Anyways, I pressed on with the "Elephant Gun" and here we are.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Compared to a .40 S&W Glock. Sometimes you just need to stop a moving locotive.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
500 is an interesting experience. Can't say I'd care to use it for cowboy action shooting, but it's tolerable. I had some loads that were 325gr bullet @ 1400 FPS which were quite easy to shoot, but the 350gr rated @1725 FPS had a little sting. Once you get over the flinch it's not difficult to shoot. Deer season cometh...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1