Bison 6-pack

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I expected to be crushed when they finally lost but I'm not at all. The few guys on that team who don't have a ring will get a ring before they graduate. We won't have star players transferring out, the resolve will be as strong as ever, we'll continue to recruit great talent. Back at it next year with a better team!!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
The play calling is kinda suspect. Is this how they called it all year? First came I have watched
this....... the play calling was atrocious on both sides of the ball but especially offensively. when u settle on 3rd and mid to long all the time you will lose. the normal off tackle power game wasnt working, as soon as they ran more motion and different offset formations the run game opened up. then in the 4th they went back to the tin soldier off tackle or jet sweep and settled for 3rd and 6 again. they were out coached imo. and trying to deep forty yard kicks with a sketchy kicker didnt make it better. had they converted one of those instead of two
missed field goals its a different game. very disappointed in the inability of the coaching staff to make necessary changes.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The voice is shot but liquor we got!!!! Lackluster play on part of Bison. They just got beat by a better team

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is the dynasty over? Now I'm not mad UND lost right away because an all ND final wouldn't have happened anyways. I think the Bison need a new kicker!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Choppy offense let stick call some of his own plays kicker won the ia game. They came out lackluster couldnt stop run from one player.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the Offense play calling being way out of touch. Trying the jet sweep with a team that was as fast as JM just wouldn't work. When they got it going in the 3rd quarter i figured here we go but no, right back to the b.s. play calling in the 4th.
Bison were totally out coached and out played by JM. Hats off to them as they played a whale of a game. Hope they take it all in Frisco.
Yep the bars in Frisco are crying for sure. Canceling beer orders.
Bison don't have to hang their head in the loss. JM is a heck of a football team and they came to play. They beat the Bison at their own game.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell of a run by the Bison. It had to end at some point. Too much adversity to overcome this season but JMU was the better team last night and deserved to win the game. Hats off to their players and coaches. The run of championships may be over but the dynasty lives on, reload, refocus, and make another run at the championship next season. GO BISON!!!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with some on here that have said that NDSU needs to move to Division 1, they could be like Nebraska Cornhuskers who are the only Division 1 school in the state. They would be able to play the gophers, wisconsin, notre dame, or michigan games every year if they move up to D1
What do you guys think?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No they wouldn't. There is not a chance in hell they would be accepted into the Big10 so the schools you named would not be on the schedule. Perhaps one game per year against a Big10 exhale. At the best they would be in a conference such as the MAC or some other small conference which will never make the championship bracket.

Add in the astronomical cost of moving up and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm very much in favor of staying right where they are at.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like others have said there is no way this community and university could support the financial move to FBS. they would be mired in medioccrisy for years. They had one hell of a run but if you move up to FBS they'll be a non-factor. On the plus side it'd be like when I was going to NDSU...easy to get tickets to a game.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with some on here that have said that NDSU needs to move to Division 1, they could be like Nebraska Cornhuskers who are the only Division 1 school in the state. They would be able to play the gophers, wisconsin, notre dame, or michigan games every year if they move up to D1
What do you guys think?
They
are D1 but in the FCS subdivision. I assume you mean the FBS subdivision which is 22 more scholarships. First of all a school would need a conference invite to move up to FBS. There is currently no FBS conference willing to invite NDSU, mostly due to regional and TV market reasons. Not enough of a TV market to make them an attractive candidate. These conferences care more about how much money and exposure an invitee will bring to the conference.

Second of all there would need to be a massive influx of money and or institutional support which isn't going to happen in ND. Hell they have a hard enough time getting funding the way it is with 11 institutions in a low populated state. Never should have been that many to begin with but that's another story.

Third, until college football realignment and playoffs get settled more it would be a waste of money trying to compete with the big boys and never have a legit opportunity to do so. They have gotten just as much exposure as many of the lesser FBS programs for way less expense the past few seasons. Better off where they are for right now.

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many Bison fans made the trip to Frisco each year? 10,000? I dont know how many went but if it was 10,000... And each spent conservatively $400?? on rooms, meals, drinks, shopping...over the weekend.... That's 4,000,000. Im thinking Frisco business sector wont see that kind of money this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 114
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41