bison upset duke...

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right but I thought conference champs got automatic bids.

the First Four are a series of play-in games played since 2011. The games are contested between teams holding the four lowest seeded automatic bids and the four lowest seeded at-large bids.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right but I thought conference champs got automatic bids.

They don’t call it a play in game anymore they call it the first four games, so they did get an automatic bid if you look at it that way

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not a play-in game. The other 64 teams got a first round bye:D

The inferiority complex bison fans have towards UND never fails to amaze me:;:huh

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^ They do get an automatic bid, that's why they're in the tournament. At 18-15 they would not be in the tournament without winning the Summit League Tournament. Most of the conferences get an auto-bid into the tournament. The play-in games do count as part of the tournament.

Does NDSU have a chance to win a game or two in the tournament, yes, but I wouldn't bet much beer money on that outcome.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
what they will most likely say if ND plays Duke....ND almost won!....until they tipped off!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reason is they are in the first four is they haven't been very good this year, very young but look like the experience is paying off. SDSU losing in the first game of the summit was the shocker. They would have been easily the highest seed the Summit has ever had probably a 9-11 seed. They were legit good with one of the better players in the country until they crapped the bed in the tourney. Some other NDSU connections Tim Miles looks to be keeping his job at Nebraska after a letdown year but some his old staff at NDSU just won the Mountain West Conference at Utah State they got an 8 seed.

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDSU will come out with momentum, initially hanging in. Duke will adjust and steadily pull away.

I bet ND doesn't even win the challenge game but if they do and play Duke...They're going to see quick D like they've never seen. I bet it will be over at half.

slyfish77

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duke is a handful for any team in the country. I still think a hot shooting 3 point team could knock them off. Not saying that will be the Bison. A 16 knocked off a 1 last year.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It had to be TV that wanted the revenue from 4 more games. I can't for the life of me see where those 4 extra games have added anything to the tournament. Evidently the team that was ranked 65 and didn't get into the field of 64 got their feelings hurt so in the habit of "Everyone gets a trophy" they upped it to 68. Now it's better when #69 gets their feelings hurt. That and TV revenue adds to the pot.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
remember how Virginia lost last year . . . . (no. 1 seed lost to a #16 seed)

So number one seeds are 2210 and 1 since 1985 when the tournament went to 64 teams. Seems the number 1 seed is a pretty decent bet straight up

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go bison.
Home of the Sioux.
There both #1.

However IMHO back in the 60s Grand Forks was a great party college but Fargo-Moorhead had a lot more too offer in young ladies who enjoy the finer things in life, they were working ladies who had jobs to help buy the beer and the place to drink and maybe more knowledge that any young, backward, small town farm kid knew about. At least for me. They did teach me well with memories that will go to my grave and again in IMHO that was what college was about cause it sure was not learning (one does not get those warning, probation and goodbye letters, visits to the dean for no reasons back then). It was not about sports because being a non-jock I had other interest. And it was not taking basket weaving courses with a major in PE.
Fargo-Moorhead, working ladies, no finer group of people than back then. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 107
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39