Blue platers on the rise crossing the border

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
neither are bad nice steaks from one and crispy fish sticks from the other.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
"[FONT=&quot]Nonresident fishing license sales in North Dakota have nearly quadrupled since 1995-96, with 40 percent of the crush coming from its neighbor to the east. South Dakota, too, is enjoying a heavy influx of Minnesota anglers — all during a time of declining fishing license sales in St. Paul."

The author used a little artistic license, I see...[/FONT]

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful what you wish for -- ---- remember when sak had 14" limit. I say do a slot alright - lets do exactly what you do up at LOW except at a 14" 0-14" slot too.

I am going to be real honest --- i have a birds eye view of one of the ramps and cleaning stations on DL. Even though highway two was flooded full of blue and white and light blue (mn, wi and iowa) --- i seen less boats this year. Less cleaning going on. Weather was some of it --- but the bite was different some i talk to had a real bad summer; i really cant complain about my summer--- but when you fished sak it was night and day for quality. The 8# cleaning station bullshit --- thats what it is ----- tournament kills of 8lbrs by nd law yup. Locals at the cleaning station - nope. Guides generally not. Is my freezer full - not at all -- we keep once in while for a fresh fish fry. Does my catch and release kill fish --sometimes --- do i keep em if they are deep hooked -yes

- - - Updated - - -

you ever see on facebook the badgering going on about keepin fish-- generally click on em -- the loudmouths either have blue or white plates. If they would only preach to their respective DNR about management.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
100% Over 3 years now. Almost lost my wife and kids over it. I am still doing counseling and so on. I have well over 1000 days. Personal shit, if you really need to know how and what and how hard it is then PM me, don't like me fine, that is something that I have had to deal with for the last 3 years.

Good for you Toby!! Welcome Back!! It takes courage to dig yourself out of a hole and man up to mistakes. Tight Lines!!!!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toby and I got along. He never mistreated me.

I can relate to the changes sobriety brings. I used to be a completely different person. Whether I was better or worse, depends upon who you ask.

Jaykay

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr, yes I am Toby Mougey. Does it really matter? I said what I said that was on my mind just like anyone else that does so on this website. Outdoorsmen or not, aren't we all?

i was being a smart ass i didnt really think you were you

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Big fucking deal, a person that lives in Minnesota is still an American and most of you people on this website are all about America, military, but when it comes to hunting and fishing they are not welcome, they no longer matter!?

You guys want to talk about brotherhood and being a true outdoorsman...

there are millions and millions of ducks and geese that are in or go through our state every fall, there are billions of fish within the waters of our state.

if you can't catch a fish or shoot a duck or goose maybe you should try harder than as a person that lives in this state instead of bitching about others that have luck, out of state or not!

How do you feel when it comes to women and beer- Wanna share? :;:smokin

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to chuckle whenever we get on the NR train, and they come out of the woodwork to tell us how horrible we are, and how we should open ourselves to the love and appreciation of these visitors from abroad to partake in our state's fine outdoors opportunities...

Puh-lease. The door swings both ways. You're telling me that 'Sotas are just GIDDY to see brown or red plates clogging up the boat landing at Rainy River in the spring for the walleye run? I'm sure it warms your soul that we've come to snag a little piece of your heaven. Or has anyone experienced the truly hospitable atmosphere that is an Arkansas public hunting area? Please, by all means, go down there sometime and report back on the experience. (Hint, hint from someone who has been there, done that -- Nodak residents are damn saints by comparison).

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they still referred to as "Minnesota Back Trollers" ? that was the phrase i remember them being referred to when I lived in Watertown and at college. :cool:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they still referred to as "Minnesota Back Trollers" ? that was the phrase i remember them being referred to when I lived in Watertown and at college. :cool:
Thankfully the number of back trollers seems to have dwindled in recent years. I'm not sure if its the advancement in bow mount electrics or if they all finally succumbed to years of breathing engine fumes.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the news today that it's almost impossible to get a blowjob in Minnesota right now. I guess all the cock suckers are here in ND hunting and fishing.:;:cheers

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will admit that I get irritated when I pull into Grahams Island and at least half the rigs are from out of state. Then I realize that the majority of my fishing the last few years has been at LOW and I have even started deer hunting over there now too with a friend who has land North of TRF so I can't say much. I honestly don't remember ever running into problems with out of staters.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Also dont forget why it was so windy ....North Dakota sucks and Nebraska blows

IOWA= idiots out wandering around they sure did like catching bull heads in the big sioux at riverside park first time i was ever paid to guide 20 bucks is alot to an 10 year old

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
alright... is there a thread specifically dedicated to out of state douche baggery? if so, please link to it. if not, someone wanna start? this could get good. i've got a couple from the last few years that i would love to share.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
alright... is there a thread specifically dedicated to out of state douche baggery? if so, please link to it. if not, someone wanna start? this could get good. i've got a couple from the last few years that i would love to share.

This appears to be a thread dedicated to just that does it not?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
This appears to be a thread dedicated to just that does it not?

sort of. but, it may be a bit misleading in its click baitedness. leads the clicker to believe he is going to be specifically seeing discussion about blue platers and fishing. i am hoping for something with a title that will put everyone on notice that its all douche baggery and all states from the aloha state to the sunshine state.

maybe the surrounding neighbors will even share stories about NDakotans being asshats. but, its highly unlikely since we never go out of state and act like angels on the occasion when we do.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
start the topic upper left has the start new button. I have hit my limit of dumbass topics i can start for 2018 but 19 is closing in fast

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I dislike about MN fishing/hunting is the novel like proclamation. Too my Philadelphia lawyer wannabes in Minneapolis making up rules.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought all Hunters and Fisherman were supposed to stick together. Seems like some civil discussion would be appropriate rather than focus on the few bad apples. I want to be treated decent if and when I go out of state to hunt and fish. I surely try to treat the other states resources like I treat our own resources. Respectfully. I believe the overwhelming majority of NR's are just like us. Just wanted to have a good time and see some new country and have a good experience. They probably are sharing it with their children. I surely don't want them going back to their state and saying that, in their experience on their trip to ND, the people there are complete assholes. Just my 2 cents.

Fish On!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93