Boat question.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when I was thirteen. I started racing motocross. Had a YZ100. Broke a shift fork and nobody around to fix it. So I pulled the motor and split the cases and did it myself. Don't know what the hell I was thinking lol. Not sure how I even pulled it off. No manual or nothing. Now I can do it in my sleep.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when I was thirteen. I started racing motocross. Had a YZ100. Broke a shift fork and nobody around to fix it. So I pulled the motor and split the cases and did it myself. Don't know what the hell I was thinking lol. Not sure how I even pulled it off. No manual or nothing. Now I can do it in my sleep.

that's awesome. I did a lot of work myself, on my old Yammie Enduro DT175. Of course, perhaps things were simpler then. My dad would wander out in the garage, and I'd have both cars out, and parts laying all over (in the proper sequence) on the floor.

The amazing part wasn't that I tore this bike apart, it's that when I put it back together, it worked. I used to pull the carb off and clean it for fun, when I was bored.

My dad always looked at me with a mix of wonder and worry. He was not a mechanic.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Yeah Davey, I love those cheap Chinese scopes, too! I use mine at least every week. Wish someone would make a
n inexpensive 3-D directional controlled one like we use in OR’s! Wouldn’t be cheap anymore though!
Glad you got it all worked out and hope it won’t come to a new block. I might drop in on you in Aug if you’re home and not out fishing!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah Davey, I love those cheap Chinese scopes, too! I use mine at least every week. Wish someone would make a
n inexpensive 3-D directional controlled one like we use in OR’s! Wouldn’t be cheap anymore though!
Glad you got it all worked out and hope it won’t come to a new block. I might drop in on you in Aug if you’re home and not out fishing!

Do that Bobcat , I have been watching for an affordable 45 degree borescope to drop in a cylinder and look "around" but no luck so far. I do need a new block. littlefish, I got your first private message and replied and saw you had sent another but it didn't show up on my end. I am interested .

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was working for nomac drill I was their rig engine mechanic. We had an Olympus bore scope. 45k for that thing. I could read the part numbers on the valve heads inside the cylinder. You could count the cross hash on the cylinder walls lol. It was amazing. The damn cat dealers don’t even have anything close to it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are handy , Even the cheap ones are better than nothing . I should have taken more pictures but the first one was what I thought was a hammer mark or foreign object on the piston but that was when I was outside with the laptop and couldn't see the screen so I captured it .
Pushed out soft plug was behind the alternator and the motor mount . Exhaust manifold making bubbles .

I think I paid like 12 bucks for this one and it's sure handy to have in the toolbox. all it would take for a 45 angle is a teeny para scope of some sort .
After air testing and how long it took to find the leaky soft plug I got digging online I want to make a smoke chamber and use those fireworks smoke bombs and blow smoke instead of air for pressure testing when they won't hold. My eyes are trustier than a hose stuck in my ear.

IMG_20180612_173331.jpg

IMG_20180613_131501.jpgIMG_20180613_175440.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong order but the pictures don't do justice for what you can actually see Was able to check between the valves inside for cracks

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn that’s pretty good for a cheap scope. Yea I bet if you got smoke in there then pressured it up you would find it

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
I have an older scope I bought in Northern several years ago. Works great but like all cheap ones it’s tough to pre bend it to see where you want to see.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5