Braid to mono knot

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
UNI to UNI knots from power pro to flouro have worked good for me. Make sure you moisten the line before tightening.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spooled up 4 ice rods this season with new mono line, effn twisty'st line I have ever had.
Not sure what I might have done wrong, but damn its a mess every time

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tippet rings are something that fly fishing guys use that may serve your purpose. Sure makes it easy.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd honestly deal with line twist before hearing that sound again. Judging by how many fish you have put in the bucket, I should probably use a swivel, but I'm mostly German and I'm going to be stubborn.

I use a swivel as well. I am mostly German and was able to teach myself to stop reeling before the swivel hits.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has worked for me as well but I can see where it might not be best option for jerkbaits. Albright and uni to uni with a good amount of spit on the lines.

Sub-Elect knows damn right. It works completely just dandy and fine with jerkbaits. I'm not a big subscriber to this "jerking hook out" phenomena. I've been using straight braid for nearly twenty years and believe it's a problem fabricated my the mono industry. In fact I'd call it straight BS; you whippersnappers. If this is truly occurring, something's amiss on your end. Loosen the drag a quarter turn and/or pause a half second before the hook set.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a tip from a guy. Use Chapstick when your clinching down those knots. Works great with florcarbon.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive heard this too. I'm just nervous about Chapstick doing something to the line to compromise it. Instead I just go slow and even cinch things down slow.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive heard this too. I'm just nervous about Chapstick doing something to the line to compromise it. Instead I just go slow and even cinch things down slow.

This is more hygienic than saliva. Polymers and waxes don't weaken line to any seriously, measurable degree.

Actually: Tie to a good swivel and GFAF with all the problems. The problems lead downstream from the swivel. Cut and Paste as necessary. Tie good knots.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all for casting. Leader length will vary for trolling.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1