Broken G-Loomis

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
$400 for a rod just floors me. Unless your at the bunny ranch down in Vegas there's nothing $400 will get you with your rod that you couldn't get for like was said 1/4 or less money. Hell fished next to my buddy a few years ago and his new spendy rig and I was using my disposable pickup box rod which is an el cheapo avocet II and outfished the hell out of him. It wasn't that I was better it was I could feel the bites he couldn't. After I had my limit and released several more we switched and now he was out fishing me. I have a number of those rods now that we're all of a $40 no frills combo because they simply catch fish. May not be flashy but if I'm spending that much money on fishing gear it better come with a name like vexilar or hummingbird!

I accept your challenge Dean. I'll take my $560 GLX Quantum Smoke combo against whatever rod/reel combo you want to use not exceeding $75, and challenge you to a jigging battle. Hell, I'll even raise you $500!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Waste of time Sub, it's no comparison to anybody that's held a GLX. It's beyond obvious.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I good rod makes all the difference in the world when it comes to jigging/ pitching jigs. If we are pulling bottom bouncers than any old piece of lumber will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured it was an easy $500. #$%^&>

Kenneth

Established Member
some folks are damned good jig fisherman with the cheapo combos, i think sometimes you have the jig touch or you dont. I do not:(

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think wags should drive my legend extreme to Bismarck for me so I have it for this weekend. What does everyone say?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I accept your challenge Dean. I'll take my $560 GLX Quantum Smoke combo against whatever rod/reel combo you want to use not exceeding $75, and challenge you to a jigging battle. Hell, I'll even raise you $500!
I bet if you fished with that out of a ranger you would catch nothing but 8 pounders!:;:stirthepot

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet if you fished with that out of a ranger you would catch nothing but 8 pounders!:;:stirthepot

I see your stance now Dean. Its so clear to me. Your one of those guys that stands on shore and your blood boils at the sight of pretty boats. No one with a pretty boat can understand why you don't like them, but in the same hand, they don't care why you don't like them, they are in their pretty sparkly boat enjoying the weather not worried about what you guys think about their nice boat.

And for the record, I had a skeeter with a bunch of sparkles but sold it to a very lucky man in Grand Forks. I currently don't have a boat, but I know a lot of people on this site that do have very sparkly boats. And some are Rangers.

By the way, the Big Muddy is this weekend. All of you whom like to bitch about how everyone fishing tournaments are ass holes better stay clear of the river or you might get run over by a sparkly boat! :;:rockit

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
No I just know that the cost of building a $560 rod and a cheep rod is not $500. Doesn't mean they arnt good but it's often one very expensive sticker much of the time driven by ego as much as functionality.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's pretty harsh Sub. I'd like to own one of these boats and not be a tool.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's pretty harsh Sub. I'd like to own one of these boats and not be a tool.

Im not saying that people that own them are tools. I'm saying that people that don't own them, and think the people that have them are tools, are the actual tools. Ranger builds a beautiful boat and I love sparkles. I actually love helping setup boats and electronics, I appreciate all manufacturers even if I don't own a particular brand.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
not possible...tool

Too much in 24 Juanner: That's effing MEAN!

I'm now hearing Obammy is dissing the water in Michigan. DAMN these retardicans and their utilities!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im not saying that people that own them are tools. I'm saying that people that don't own them, and think the people that have them are tools, are the actual tools. Ranger builds a beautiful boat and I love sparkles. I actually love helping setup boats and electronics, I appreciate all manufacturers even if I don't own a particular brand.
I didn't say they were tools. I was simply combing two good products that are both unquestionably overpriced into one awesome pair. The guy whos a good fishermen with his $75 rod and a old beat up Low will out fish the guy who buys all the most expensive gear trying to look like he's a good fisherman. Don't act like this isn't extremely common out there it happens in every type of outdoors activities along with most things that are not. Like buying the best golf clubs won't make a difference if you can't hit the ball straight. When your talking about a peace of graphite rolled by an old lady in Washington costing the same as a high end Vexilar I'm going to say we are looking at way to much mark up. Feel free to spend the money don't matter to me.

Kenneth

Established Member

You're wealthy. We get it.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. If you are not a serious fisherman expensive rods don't matter, the 2-5 extra light hits you feel aren't going to ruin your day more than likely
2.If you haven't fished with one of these expensive rods your opinion doesn't hold water or really matter, as much as I agree you can catch fish on anything, after using higher end rods there is no doubt on the feel difference and the number of light strikes you pick up

3.THis is all irrelevant if you own a Durango combo, you will out fish everyone all the time

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17