Browning A500

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying benelli bolt is all stainless?

not sure on the SBE3 guessing not but one piece,at least my SBE2 was one piece.,benelli rec'ver guts internal stock spring is all stainless.

nice thing thats really nice about benelli it how easy it is to break down to clean,also use ",Mpro 7" for a thin lubricant that cleans the action as you cycle ammo,doesn't build like cold weather graphite and such

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure on the SBE3 guessing not but one piece,at least my SBE2 was one piece.,benelli rec'ver guts internal stock spring is all stainless.

nice thing thats really nice about benelli it how easy it is to break down to clean,also use ",Mpro 7" for a thin lubricant that cleans the action as you cycle ammo,doesn't build like cold weather graphite and such
You work for benelli don’t you lol

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm enjoying this thread.

A lot of good things could be accomplished with used/classic automatics/pumps and Briley. During the Win Mod 12 heyday a 2 3/4 could/would be converted to 3in at the factory. Lots of lead-only guns are available for continued service with non-toxic shot after a visit to Briley.

This is in reference to your "wood stock" post.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm enjoying this thread.

A lot of good things could be accomplished with used/classic automatics/pumps and Briley. During the Win Mod 12 heyday a 2 3/4 could/would be converted to 3in at the factory. Lots of lead-only guns are available for continued service with non-toxic shot after a visit to Briley.

This is in reference to your "wood stock" post.
my dad had a win model 12 3” he got new for his 8th grade grad. I will be inheriting it. It is a neat gun. Man he could shoot the shit out of that gun

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The "Heavy Duck" is a beautiful telephone pole IMHO but still needs a trip to Briley to digest steel. Many classic guns are available to serve your intent.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
eyexer.fyi have a better than average gunsmith in my area,I'm picky who touches my guns,this one and another in new york that came from italy years ago with ithica are the only two I trust,lots of gunsmith's around the country but finding the right one takes time.,local guy gave me thumbs down on the retay,as I suspected replacement parts are the issue,issues with cycling 2.75 ammo as well,forget about target loads.(single shot)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am getting an franchi affinity 3 here in a few weeks. If I doesn’t live up to what I want the wing master will always be ready to roll. Getting the 28” in optifade marsh. Any insight on choke tubes a lot of guys I know use pattern master and Carlson. Any experience with rob roberts chokes I have heard good things. https://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/chokes/t3-triple-threat

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
carlson lifetime warrenty,they'll let you pattern a tube and return it if it doesn't meet your expectation,I've been on the briley team for years another great after market choke(extended/ported),

I did more testing on pattern master years ago when they were a big deal than the average guy,actually they pattern large diameter shot well BB,BBB,and T shot,in beretta winchester and benelli.mic'd out the long range extended ported choke ,nothing more than I/C constriction at .015...

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
the first auto loading shotgun I ever shot was an ethos, loved that thing but couldn't justify the cost. I bought an M2 american on sale for around $700 including shipping. I am more than happy with it and don't feel any need for the comfortech stock that comes with the regular m2. For what is is worth I know a few people who are fairly hardcore waterfowlers - hunt multiple states every year and they love retay

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I decided to buy the ethos. Snow briley has an agreement to maintain 2000 parts on hand at all times for retay I guess

- - - Updated - - -

I did find a breach buffer so ordered it. I’ll install it but not sure if I will shoot it again. Don’t feel right selling it to someone.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
FWIW: The "telephone pole" comment was in no way meant to degrade your father's gun. I love all things Model 12 and used to occasionally communicate with George Madis. IMO he was the ultimate authority on all things Winchester.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the mass of that gun makes it damn near impossible to prematurely stop the swing.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I decided to buy the ethos. Snow briley has an agreement to maintain 2000 parts on hand at all times for retay I guess

- - - Updated - - -

I did find a breach buffer so ordered it. I’ll install it but not sure if I will shoot it again. Don’t feel right selling it to someone.

great eyexer,merry f---in xmas... 2000 parts for retay? damn salesmen over promise all the time,under deliver ,bet they have a rack of new retay they use for parts lol,what barrel length did you decide? curious.

Good friend I hunt with own's a darn good sport shop/gun shop near st paul,family owned business two generation's...we had a lengthy talk about retay,his gunsmith chimed in,they won't stock the shotgun based on poor performence reports and replacement parts available on demand is what they told me,I guess a guy can send it to briley but in the middle of hunting season that would suck just hope for the best,they said the samething about browning maxus first couple years,maxus had issues with the forend recoil reducer spilting caused it not to cycle,shotguns under warrenty needed to be shipped to browning for replacement part,gunsmith said turn around time was 2-4 weeks to get the shotgun back,today I think this issue has been resolved,but don't here much from browning these days

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
great eyexer,merry f---in xmas... 2000 parts for retay? damn salesmen over promise all the time,under deliver ,bet they have a rack of new retay they use for parts lol,what barrel length did you decide? curious.

Good friend I hunt with own's a darn good sport shop/gun shop near st paul,family owned business two generation's...we had a lengthy talk about retay,his gunsmith chimed in,they won't stock the shotgun based on poor performence reports and replacement parts available on demand is what they told me,I guess a guy can send it to briley but in the middle of hunting season that would suck just hope for the best,they said the samething about browning maxus first couple years,maxus had issues with the forend recoil reducer spilting caused it not to cycle,shotguns under warrenty needed to be shipped to browning for replacement part,gunsmith said turn around time was 2-4 weeks to get the shotgun back,today I think this issue has been resolved,but don't here much from browning these days

ever heard of jebs Choke tubes. Being laid up has given me way to much time to research haha
https://www.jebschokes.com/waterfowl-choke-tubes/

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
ever heard of jebs Choke tubes. Being laid up has given me way to much time to research haha
https://www.jebschokes.com/waterfowl-choke-tubes/

Nope,more and more companies coming out of the woodwork these days,I tend to lean for the ones with a better than average track record,another big name for target chokes is muller,but for field chokes briley and carlson...I perfer extended ported chokes,my benelli patterned the best with briley long range full crio choke straight rifling ext tube using #2's or 4's hevi metal or hevi shot.

today my beretta A400 with briley mid range extended ported(IM constriction .027) is the ticket,duces n 4's as well,pass shooting high flyers(snow's) 10ga with factory mod hevi shot BB's is the ticket

Laid up? get hurt or the crude Kurt.curious.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope,more and more companies coming out of the woodwork these days,I tend to lean for the ones with a better than average track record,another big name for target chokes is muller,but for field chokes briley and carlson...I perfer extended ported chokes,my benelli patterned the best with briley long range full crio choke straight rifling ext tube using #2's or 4's hevi metal or hevi shot.

today my beretta A400 with briley mid range extended ported(IM constriction .027) is the ticket,duces n 4's as well,pass shooting high flyers(snow's) 10ga with factory mod hevi shot BB's is the ticket

Laid up? get hurt or the crude Kurt.curious.

hernia surgery on Monday. Getting better every day . Hopefully I can walk the dog tomorrow. Done with pain pills today

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Note to self. Don’t buy a used shotgun from eyexer

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
hernia surgery on Monday. Getting better every day . Hopefully I can walk the dog tomorrow. Done with pain pills today

ah man,tough deal,hopefully you won't get a heavy snow fall for a few weeks unless you have a strong teenager in the house or your wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ah man,tough deal,hopefully you won't get a heavy snow fall for a few weeks unless you have a strong teenager in the house or your wife.

- - - Updated - - -

ya I got a 15 year old who can handle that. I won’t be disappointed if it stays in the 40’s here the rest of the winter though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88