Bubba or Rapala knife?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just looking at the rapala r12 and the battery looks suspiciously like a milwaukee m12 battery.

So I ordered one and hope to hell it'll fit just because

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the Bubba with rapala blades. The Bubba blades just seemed harder to use.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the fancy Bubba case with all the blades a couple years ago. Mainly because I noticed how many Scheels was shipping out every day. At first I hated it. To fish and my hand cramped up from trying to grip the handle. This year it seems to fit better. I probably clean fish faster better and with less work then ever before. But yes is was not comfortable at first.
I hated the bubba grip at first but now I really like it. I use the blade from the pld mister twister knife. The ones that came with the bubba are too aggressive for my liking.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a corded Rapala that bit the dust after lots of fish, bought a corded Bubba that didn't make it two season and I wasn't keeping as much (one of my daughters became allergic to fish, so was adapting), bought a Bubba cordless (got lots of blades now) and been satisfied for the most part. Yeah the handle isn't great but I've got used to it I guess, I like the blades, batteries seem to hold up well for me, feel like the motor/blades could be faster but either way it gets the job done.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the cordless Bubba and like it. I haven't used any other electric knife so I can't compare

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used electric for a while, pretty much use standard knives now... Maybe a little slower, but never have to worry about charging batteries or plugging them in. Cleanup is easier also!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Won a bubby, gave it to my son for Christmas last year.. Scored a big happy gift for him, and saved me the $$$ of actually buying it. He seems to really like it. I have the Rapala at least 10 years now, really like it, zero problems.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got a bubba cordless, Its decent. Not a lot of experience with the rapala cordless, but only complaint ive heard from them that use it is the trigger placement on top takes some getting used to. Only complaint I have on the bubba is that it seems heavier than I would like. Maybe just need to get used to it.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I currently have a Bubba. It's ok I guess, nothing special to be honest. My old Mr. Twister I had for 20 years worked just as good at a fraction of the cost. Meh...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the corded Rapala HD.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Filleting with bubba feels like you’re holding a beer can.

If that was a good thing, your traditional filet knives would also have beer can sized handles.

Conclusion? Somebody from another country or someone with zero experience filleting fish designed the bubba.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1