Busted out the ML yesterday...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
what's a good ML and 1x scope combination?

Sightron S1 1x24 is the best 1x scope I've used or seen, unfortunately, discontinued. Still see the bbl but it's less of the "paper-towel tube" effect that I perceived with the Nikon/Thompson Center 1x. As much as I HATE batteries and cold weather, I might be tempted to use a Reflex given the current crop of 1x traditional scopes available.

Regarding the rifle, pick whichever Thompson Center you like.

Last edited:

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years ago I picked up a TC Impact, and put a peep site and a target globe on the front. At 80 yards, every shot is within a baseball sized group, and that's all I need for the stand I am set up on for MZ hunting. I saw this story and just copied what he did on the Impact. Couldn't be happier with the set-up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Knight Magnum in 50 cal that has a 1x Cabelas scope. It has been cleaned twice a year for the past 9 years and never fired a round in that time frame. Still waiting for tag draw before I kick off.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for any tips and advice posted in this thread and via IM. If any of you spots a real monster in the next couple weeks that theyd like to be rid of please let me know! :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19