Buying gold and silver.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
More valueable than gold IMO would be fully transferable full auto machine guns. They don't allow any more to be registered so they only go up in value. Wished I'd have bought 20 to 25 years ago because some of the ones I looked at back then have tripled in value. THough I'd have probably spent more in ammuntion in that time and probably wore it out.
I have two thanks to my dad, and yes the price has gone nuts last few years. Who knows with crazy gun laws what I might have to do with them, give them up and or hide them they are registered so they have me by the balls. When the day comes god only knows what a guy has to do. Fu$king ass4ole goverment.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know guys that stack cash in coffee cans. Metals, fun to look at on occasion. My better half loves fondling things. If shit ever really hits the fan it’s going to be ammunition. Precious metals are heirlooms imo

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bitcoin is worst investment it has no backing by no one, look at those who have lost. Way better ways to invest one's money if need be. I know some of you spun the wheel of fortune and did ok you where lucky.
I just talked with one of my friends who WAS heavy into crypto. He started with around $220k in it. Quickly went up to 500K then 1mil. Then 2.2million :oops:
Guess what happened with the FTX collapse?
He lost it ALL . . . wow just wow.

Personally I am staying away from crypto.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know guys that stack cash in coffee cans. Metals, fun to look at on occasion. My better half loves fondling things. If shit ever really hits the fan it’s going to be ammunition. Precious metals are heirlooms imo
Congrats!
I wish my wife like fondling things more . ..

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a nice pile of ammo and silver coins before the coins started to change over to a blended metal Composit. Coins are kept in Safety Deposit boxes in various banks. Its amazing what an ice cream bucket of dimes and quarters is worth. LB

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a nice pile of ammo and silver coins before the coins started to change over to a blended metal Composit. Coins are kept in Safety Deposit boxes in various banks. Its amazing what an ice cream bucket of dimes and quarters is worth. LB
The rough price for non graded silver coins is 10-12 times the face value of the coin. For example a dime is worth roughly $1.00 to $1.20

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just talked with one of my friends who WAS heavy into crypto. He started with around $220k in it. Quickly went up to 500K then 1mil. Then 2.2million :oops:
Guess what happened with the FTX collapse?
He lost it ALL . . . wow just wow.

Personally I am staying away from crypto.
Greed clouding common sense.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitcoin will make, at minimum, one more bullrun in the next couple years.

After that, who knows....but when you look at the state of the world, who really can predict much at all. The brick and mortor industry just keeps putting buildings on every corner, and they seem to be doing GREAT!
No suit can tell you to wait 14 days to receive your bitcoin and go broke in mean time.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
The rough price for non graded silver coins is 10-12 times the face value of the coin. For example a dime is worth roughly $1.00 to $1.20
This is wrong. The melt value of a dime is 1.64 right now. “Junk silver” or any dime, quarter, half dollar 1964 or earlier is actually worth over 20x $1 face value. So any combination of above that equals 1 dollar face is worth atleast $20. They are selling beyond their silver melt value. Junk silver has high high premiums right now

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is wrong. The melt value of a dime is 1.64 right now. “Junk silver” or any dime, quarter, half dollar 1964 or earlier is actually worth over 20x $1 face value. So any combination of above that equals 1 dollar face is worth atleast $20. They are selling beyond their silver melt value. Junk silver has high high premiums right now
Last time a sold a bucket full it was 18x. LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is written in Scriptures: Zephania 1 verses 17-18: And I will bring distress upon men that they shall walk like blind men because they have sinned against the Lord and their blood shall be poured out as dust and their flesh as the dung. Neither their silver, nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lords wrath. but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy, for He shall make a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land. Also in James 5 verses 1-3: Go to now ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 2: Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth eaten. 3: Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you and shall eat your flesh as if it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Now in Mathew 6 verse 18-21 the Christ says: That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father, which is in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 19 Lay not up for yourself, treasures upon earth where moth and rust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal. 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt and where thieves do not break through nor steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Having some gold or silver is a good thing IMO, but in reality you can't eat and it's value is based on what someone else is willing to give you for it. I think there are other matters that take higher precedence than gold or silver.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold over 2K, gonna be an all time high sooner than later.....

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was very luck many years ago my new neighbor back than owned bars in Fort Yates for like 50 years and all the change left on counters he put in old milk cans and stored them in back of the bar. When he sold he moved all 50 plus cans into his garage it was a site to see. His wife was going through all of it and sorting and rolling them in the basement looked like Fort Knox. Long story short their health went bad quickly and I made an offer on the whole lot and it now is mine. God shines a light on us I guess.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hard to lay off buying something right now. Those copper bars and coins are cool as shit. Don’t cost much if silver is more $ than what you want to spend.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Junk silver is now going 30x $1 face value now at most of the popular online dealers 😳

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1681250081901.png

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Land for food. Worth more than gold or silver. I have neither. db

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious, what's the return on investment for gold/silver over the last 10 or 20 years?

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84