Cordless lawn tools

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My elbow tells me I need an electric weed trimmer so I looked online at Milwaukee since I have compatible batteries, looking further I see complete setups cheaper than a Milwaukee battery. It makes me wonder, is Milwaukee is worth the extra money ? Is there a benefit in keeping battery power tools compatible with each other than you have a smaller charging station ?

Two year warranty
Amazon product

Contact seller for warranty
Amazon product

I was leaning towards Milwaukee tools in past because of durability and I thought they were made in USA.

The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation is a multi-national company that develops, manufactures, and markets power tools. Milwaukee tools are currently manufactured in China, Germany, Mexico, the United States and Vietnam. In 2005 the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Hong Kong based Techtronic Industries.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried one of those cheap pos. It is definitely worth buying the good ones. I have dewalt for the fact those are the batteries I have and will stay with that for the future

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run dewalt. Weed eater has been real good , my pole saw took a shit on me though. Sent in, was cheaper to buy new than repair. Told them I want my bar and chain back as I tried another one now.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have EGO trimmer and leaf blower Also battery powered Chain Saw by Stihl as well as a leaf blower of the same make. Like them both and can't recommend one over the other. Really like the battery operated over my old gas powered. The battery operated tools start every time without pulling a cord. Don't think the chain saw is meant for cutting firewood but for trimming around the yard I am very happy. Chains don't last as long but they are relatively cheap. I'm thinking the last one I bought was less than $15 and that was a couple years ago.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I own Milwaukee:
Lawn trimmer
Screw gun, I use in winter with my k drill.
Hedge Trimmer
Impact Wrench
Leaf blower
Flood light
Shop Radio
2 chargers
Couple of 4, 5 and 9 amp batteries
Prob forgetting somethinng..lol

Yes, i recommend Milwaukee.

Last edited:

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2009 WORX weed eater. Very pleased with it. Use it for edging also. I also have the hedge trimmer and also pleased with it. Both are very light weight but have good battery life and powerful enough for every thing I do.

As far as power tools go Milwaukee all the way. Have both 12 and 20 volt.

Neighbor has a Milwaukee weed eater. A lot heaver than my WORX.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Milwaukee weed trimmer,leaf blower,hedge trimmer,pole saw and everything works great

bilbo

Honored Member
I have a Milwaukee weed eater and it’s fantastic. I got it for battery compatibility like you said as I already had some of their tools. I have no complaints about it; the gas never gets old, it always starts, and it’s lighter than the husky I had. If you have Home Depot near you ryobi might be with a look. They seem to have a huge variety of tools available.

Also, there are battery adapters for just about any brand on eBay and Amazon. One of these days I’m going to get one so I can use my giant M18 batteries with my dewalt leaf blower.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
My elbow tells me I need an electric weed trimmer so I looked online at Milwaukee since I have compatible batteries, looking further I see complete setups cheaper than a Milwaukee battery. It makes me wonder, is Milwaukee is worth the extra money ? Is there a benefit in keeping battery power tools compatible with each other than you have a smaller charging station ?

Two year warranty
Amazon product

Contact seller for warranty
Amazon product

I was leaning towards Milwaukee tools in past because of durability and I thought they were made in USA.

The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation is a multi-national company that develops, manufactures, and markets power tools. Milwaukee tools are currently manufactured in China, Germany, Mexico, the United States and Vietnam. In 2005 the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Hong Kong based Techtronic Industries.

There is without a doubt a benefit to buying and adding tools of like brand, especially the flagship brands like Dewalt and Milwaukee.

Personally, I run dewalt cord tools (mainly big saws). For cordless, I use Milwaukee for drills, impacts, grinders, grease guns, etc. I know I will need to replace some of these tools soon from years of heavy use and abuse, but they keep surprising me and crawl out of their graves and keep on keeping on. I have a 1/2” impact that was left out in a field from wet October and then found in early June that is still alive and kicking.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I recently used a milwaukee weed eater. It took me all of a minute to realize that is the brand/type I was going to buy.

Solid unit and plenty of battery power to cut through the tall grass and weeds.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bought the wife a Black and Decker 6 years ago and its still going strong. Go figure. LB

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
have a dewalt hedge trimmer so far and it absolutely rips, looking to add the weed wacker when the gas ones dies and possibly the chainsaw.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I have the Milwaukee weed eater, leaf blower, and chainsaw. I highly recommend the weed eater and leaf blower. However, if you plan on using the chainsaw for anything other than small trees around your yard you may be unimpressed. I can only do a few cuts through decent size logs before it over heats the battery. I have 4 batteries so it isn't a huge deal I just cycle through them. Similar to using my Milwaukee drill on my k-drill ice auger. When cutting through 20"+ of ice, a battery over heats after 4-6 holes and need to switch. This is with the M-18 5ah batteries.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Milwaukee weed eater, leaf blower, and chainsaw. I highly recommend the weed eater and leaf blower. However, if you plan on using the chainsaw for anything other than small trees around your yard you may be unimpressed. I can only do a few cuts through decent size logs before it over heats the battery. I have 4 batteries so it isn't a huge deal I just cycle through them. Similar to using my Milwaukee drill on my k-drill ice auger. When cutting through 20"+ of ice, a battery over heats after 4-6 holes and need to switch. This is with the M-18 5ah batteries.
If using the 12 ah high output battery with the Milwaukee 16" chainsaw, I think it is a great tool. Cuts fast and plenty longevity for a battery powered unit.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the battery powered Stihl blower, chainsaw, , pole saw, and hedge trimmer.
Work well, almost 5 years old, no problems.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought an EGO lawnmower last year and so far I like it. I also have a Worx weed eater that I've had for several years.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill be honest I have some Milwaukee stuff but just couldn't justify the weed trimmer for my in town house. I think its a bit overkill for a normal yard in town where you are just edging some landscaping once a week. I'm on my second $50 black and decker weed trimmer, first one lasted over 10 years and had my current one about 5 and still going strong. Light, cheap, and easy to use.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93