Cormorants

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bringing this topic back up - been out in slough country the last couple weeks and cormorants are thicker than I've ever seen. You'd swear there were flights of geese on the horizon but nope, all cormorants. Does/can the state do anything about them?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when I was 16 or so we had found a spot early season to pass shoot geese. Well we get there early sitting in the ditch and then right before shooting a couple guys from Minnesota show up and damn near sit in our lap. Well here comes the cormorants and my buddy yells goose and these Minnesotans open fire drop a few. Well they though they were geese and we didn’t tell them any different. They ended up shooting a limit and as they left told us boys we probably need to practice more since we didn’t hit anything. Wonder what they tasted like .

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
LMAO.... Reminds me of the time out grouse hunting and running into some out of state guys. The were all proud they limited on Hungarian Partridge and saying they found them all over. I still wonder how those Medow Larks tasted.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88