Cost of owning stuff

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Time to dust off the saddle. Except John R he falls off,::: LB

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Lake Havasu City,Az for the week. Got here friday..filled up $3.99.. now at $4.39. 87 grade. boaters,pontoons,jet skis, razr's enjoying(?) prices higher than that for 91. We put extra Benjamin's in the gas kitty for our vacation but this is really cutting into the booze and golf kitty!!!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
This won't be popular, but then again I never was. I have a flex fuel vehicle and am paying $2.79 a gallon for E-85 (2 days ago). Sacrifice seems to be about 1 MPG. Open fire on additional consequences of using ethanol (in a vehicle designed for it).

Probably evens out to those who run their vehicles for 20 minutes to warm up every time they want to jump in and go a few miles.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In Lake Havasu City,Az for the week. Got here friday..filled up $3.99.. now at $4.39. 87 grade. boaters,pontoons,jet skis, razr's enjoying(?) prices higher than that for 91. We put extra Benjamin's in the gas kitty for our vacation but this is really cutting into the booze and golf kitty!!!
You got a lot of Cats. LB

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its why my 2007 Lund ProV that I have had for 15 years is still floating me around, would love a fancier new one, but 7-10 trips a season seems like it should last another 15 years. As will my 2012 F250.

your stuff will last Johnr if you fix things when they break, i have a 1993 Lund ProV and a 1996 F150, both run and work just fine to catch a few walleyes or do some hunting, both have been great investments especially now considering what it would cost me to replace them............. wish my lund had sparkles tho....... maybe there is an aftermarket sparkle kit I can throw on it?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
your stuff will last Johnr if you fix things when they break, i have a 1993 Lund ProV and a 1996 F150, both run and work just fine to catch a few walleyes or do some hunting, both have been great investments especially now considering what it would cost me to replace them............. wish my lund had sparkles tho....... maybe there is an aftermarket sparkle kit I can throw on it?

Just use that stuff everybody puts on their garage floors. Should look good.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Freedom isn't cheap" said Obiden.....
What the fuck would he know about Freedom or cheap, he has spent a lifetime living off of the American tax payer, and whatever insider criminal dealings our politicians take advantage off.
I believe in God, and that everyone pays for their deeds in the end, his bill is going to be Yuuuge.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I filled up the sleds, truck, wife's car and kind of drained down my 500 gal tank and ordered 500 gals yesterday kinda hedging the price assuming its going to get worse before it gets better. This is when having a 1,000 or 2,500 gallon tank would be nice. I like the 500 because it's always fresh but having enough for about 6 months to help get through the price spikes would be helpful. With the kids car, wife's, and all the rec stuff, 500 gal doesn't more than couple of months! It's getting hard to stomach premium in the stuff that doesn't need it at $4.33 a gallon!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
2c7309b18dfd9204.jpg

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things are going to get tight, that is for sure. Every time I start paying bills, I cringe at how much all those have gone up as well. I am glad I have a seasonal spot for the camper so I don't have to pull that around. However, the bay was dried up by the end of summer last year so who knows where I will have to pull the boat to to get that in. I am also glad it's going to warm soon so I can park the truck and ride the bike more often. Maybe I will plant a garden this year as well.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
King Joe just spoke to us minions. He said a ban to Russian imports but he's also NOT going to change any domestic energy policy. That means:

1) A large swing of pricing that all consumers will take in the pocketbook. If you thought inflation was hitting most folks just add $6.00 fuel at the pump on top of what's already gone up!!!

2) Keystone Pipeline - Nix. The left will not allow Joe give in; we must pay and be burdened further.

3) More drilling permits - Nix. This means we'll just give in at any point in the future, as well, so NO.... no giving in now or in the future. We must pay and be burdened further.

4) Bottom line - Joe must listen to his left wing power technicians and leave the rising fuels costs alone. We will bear the burden AND it will help him justify making everyone even more poor by paying high fuel prices. Meanwhile, they will spend more to operate their car/auto they will be unable to even afford an electric car in the future!

How far am I off base? Please explain.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least I'm only a block from the river. Don't have to drive far to wet a line come spring.

Probably won't get to the in-laws much, though, or the cabin.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What ya do is down size and fish more.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Curious if "ethanol" will make a come back? or is ethanol a dead duck these days? I had my truck parked for the last two months,been driving my grocery getter car,it's been a bitch on the roads driving a car close to any city,assholes cut ya off,pull out in front of ya etc,by days end my"your number one " finger is limp,might need to cast it.

Bet these gas prices will turn in to more road rage....I remember the 70's the entire country during our first gasoline shortage the feds reduced speeds on open hiways/interstates sppeds to 55mph,closed gas stations on sundays,no semi truck traffic on sundays....here we go again.Another major biden fuckup.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ethanol is far from dead. Its one of the most powerful lobby groups in the country. Get ready for accelerated grassland loss and conversion again. With these commodity prices nodak will look like iowa/minnesota in no time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70