Coyote lottery?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see where a program like this may get more people hunting and in theory those coyotes taken would likely come from the state where these tagged coyotes were released.

- - - Updated - - -

I LIKE that. Totally using it on the bottles.

As well as fitting "organic" and "all natural" somewhere on the label. Folks eat that stuff up!

Okay, but the govt will make you prove it...........

The current buzz word is "sustainable".

I do see a problem though. Back when I was a kid, my Mom put a bounty of gophers of a dime a piece. We started bringing the whole gopher in and after forgetting a couple by the step in the sun in July she told us to just bring the tails in.

My genius cousin claimed the hide on the tails would regrow if we just pulled it off and if we let the gopher go we should have a regenerating supply to fund our purchases of pellets and smoke bombs and an occasional grape soda.

I am guessing taking a penis off a live coyote may be a bit more difficult than pulling a tail off a snared gopher but someone is gonna try it.

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see where a program like this may get more people hunting and in theory those coyotes taken would likely come from the state where these tagged coyotes were released.

Well the good news is coyotes don't care about state lines so when a $1000 tagged South Carolina coyote gets shot in North Carolina, the hunter better be paid for helping South Carolina with its coyote problem.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the good news is coyotes don't care about state lines so when a $1000 tagged South Carolina coyote gets shot in North Carolina, the hunter better be paid for helping South Carolina with its coyote problem.

How far do coyotes travel??

Have a friend whose Dad shot a buck by Wallahalla years ago that had been tagged west of Brandon.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
No idea. But they still can't read maps.

You really aren't trying to start an argument whether coyotes can read maps are you? Cause I agree with you there.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stupid, I was a DI at Parris Island and that place is like a jungle, it would be like trying to hunt them in the bottoms before they flooded. Just let us use thermals like SD does and it would be a slaughter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88