Delivery Drivers

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
maybe we as a society could pay people to not work.
I hear in Minnesota a fella can make upwards of $98,000 living off the government tit.
WTF work, you rubes.
I would love to jump on that band wagon. Tell me where to sign up

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So this is how Friday's delivery went. Had a doctors appointment in morning and on my way home about noon I spot the delivery truck about 3 miles from my house and I flash lights until he stops and I ask for my package that I have coming that day so he does not have to come down my road. He gets package and takes off ahead of me and I think he might have another del farther north. Nope gets to my corner and turns toward my place. A half a mile farther east of my place the road grader has turned around and there is nothing but minimum maintance roads so he plows into 6' high drifts trying to get through. Dam GPS. I go to keep unloading my groceries cause there is nothing I can do to fix stupid. That afternoon there was a least 2 other trucks that went back an forth past my place and a fairly large wrecker to get him out. May be this company will learn by now. For the rest of winter I am changing my del address to my brothers house in town. It will be worth not having the headache. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the same UPS delivery man for a while. We talk fishing, he gives my dog treats, and I've even given him creek chubs. I have his personal cell number and he had no problem finding my new place in the country. FedEx.....whole different story, but they now know where I live at least.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
my lab can hear a ups truck 2 blocks away, and honestly my ups and fed drivers drive those pieces of shat trucks through allot of nasty stuff

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, those darn schools are just indoctrinating our kids to be idiots.

Seriously, even though I left the profession, you couldn’t be more wrong. Your statement is exactly what is wrong with society. Blame blame blame the schools. My three year old knows what a dozen is because I teach her. I work with her. We play and count. It starts at home and as a society we choose to blame everyone else rather than squaring up to the fact we’re doing shitty jobs as parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends.

I don’t disagree with the fact kids should know what a dozen is. But, put yourself in a situation where you have three kids who can do calculus, four that can do basic math, and three that couldn’t count to ten with their shoes off. When they get to a certain age, you can’t save all of them. That’s partly why I left. Kids with no support at home struggle throughout their educational journey get left behind when you try to serve the middle. And it’s nearly always a direct correlation to a lack of parenting. Blame the schools all you want, but ultimately creating good, productive humans starts and ends at home. And even worse that burden falls on society when they walk out into the world.
I gave you a like. Conversely; "Libs Of TicToc" tends to unfortunately/understandably raise red flags. I have close ties with a delivery driver and a public school teacher. Unfortunately the teacher can't seem to see the forest for the trees and revels in being a consummate "victim". The driver just wishes for clearly marked addresses and facilitation on the property of smooth delivery and egress.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many other factors at play as well. I live in MN now and manage a business and deal with hiring constantly. MN had record low unemployment and record high workplace participation in 2022. Demand for workers is just too far beyond supply in some areas. We are paying higher starting wages, better hours, more flexibility, etc., anything to get people in the door. All my customers tell the same story, just not enough people to go around. This is an issue that will continue to plague businesses as the population of working age people decreases. People retiring earlier than usual, massive baby boomer population leaving workforce, people having fewer kids these days, reduced immigration, state to state migration, and many other things will compound in the years and decades to come. hard to fill minimum wage jobs in fast food and retail when you can make 20+/hr in a warehouse or something similar. Their is an Alde warehouse in Owatonna MN paying 26/hr for 2nd or third shift forklift drivers. Competition for workers is fierce and that will not change unless there is a massive slowdown.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that there are 7.5 million young men between ages 18-45(??) that are not even looking for work. They just sit around and play games or internet every day.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh and for WIW I have a new Schwan's delivery driver as of yesterday. I've been getting Schawn's for around 12 years now and I think this is my 5th or 6th one.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many other factors at play as well. I live in MN now and manage a business and deal with hiring constantly. MN had record low unemployment and record high workplace participation in 2022. Demand for workers is just too far beyond supply in some areas. We are paying higher starting wages, better hours, more flexibility, etc., anything to get people in the door. All my customers tell the same story, just not enough people to go around. This is an issue that will continue to plague businesses as the population of working age people decreases. People retiring earlier than usual, massive baby boomer population leaving workforce, people having fewer kids these days, reduced immigration, state to state migration, and many other things will compound in the years and decades to come. hard to fill minimum wage jobs in fast food and retail when you can make 20+/hr in a warehouse or something similar. Their is an Alde warehouse in Owatonna MN paying 26/hr for 2nd or third shift forklift drivers. Competition for workers is fierce and that will not change unless there is a massive slowdown.
When did they reduce immigration?
Plus you have the illegal aliens coming across the border like ants to a picnic. But I would guess most of them don't want to work, they just want our welfare and free medical. Let's Go Brandon

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No need to worry. King Timothy the great is in charge. Plus the liberal woke control the Senate and the House. He has all the answers. Maybe a little short on real world solutions....popcorn...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
When did they reduce immigration?
Plus you have the illegal aliens coming across the border like ants to a picnic. But I would guess most of them don't want to work, they just want our welfare and free medical. Let's Go Brandon
Spot on ,FJB worthless 3rd world trash,last count if true 20million illegals that we know about.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just spent about 40 minutes with a FedEx rep explaining over and over again how to find my house.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure bout fedex fellas but i know the ups boys that have been there a minute make good $.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know one thing you can complain about UPS, FEDEX and Speedy's, or you can use the USPS and then see what you have

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84