Dicks in Bismark

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stopped in there today on my way to the airport. How do places like that or gander mtn in fargo stay open. 2 people inside the store shopping and 10 employees walking around. Customer service was good I will give them that.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man, when I read the title of the post I thought you would be talking about drivers in Bismarck or the patrons at Bucks. Fooled again.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went into Dick's clothing store once. They were giving all the Bismarck hockey kids so much off for the weekend. I think they had skates and a few sticks.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The price mark-up on clothing is ridiculous and is where stores like Dick's and Scheels make all their money.

When Scheels in Bismarck remodeled a few years ago, the gun department had to fight for their floor space. They wanted to add more clothing space since it makes more money per square foot of retail space.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dicks come out with some kind of anti gun policy after Sandy Hook or a different shooting? I thought we all decided to never do business with them.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
In light of having just returned from lunch (driving in Bismarck) I thought for sure that this thread title was referring to the drivers here (present company excluded, of course)

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never seen such a despicable fishing section in a store in my life. I would honestly rather have to buy all of my fishing equipment from Walmart for the rest of my life than shop in Dick's bass-happy excuse for a fishing section.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dick's is that a sporting goods store. really, the five and dime on the corner has more and better fishing equipment. :;:lame

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just take their sales flyers to scheels saves me a drive up north, plus I get "expert" advice, not just some dick's telling me what they think

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of you may remember when we had a bar in town called Dickheads. Apparently this name was offensive, and the bar was forced to change their name. Renamed it Richard Cranium's.

Now we have a store with a name that could show ownership for a guy named Richard, or it could mean plural male genitalia. Either way, I'm surprised someone hasn't found the name offensive and complained.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
back in the day I was manager of a softball team went to Dickheads for a sponsor. wore that softball shirt for a year. That was a fun year.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so I don't need to stop there when I am in Bismarck tomorrow?
Or are you guys all Scheels employees and trying to trick me.
I once ate a shit samwich cause the girls tricked me with good looks, and cleavage...haha

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just take their sales flyers to scheels saves me a drive up north, plus I get "expert" advice, not just some dick's telling me what they think

If they had an "I Love Dicks" sweatshirt, I know you would wear it! Loudly and proudly!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88