Don't hit your friend with a catfish.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can think about is the resulting infection. I knew a guy who stuck his thumb while cleaning a pike and it almost had to be amputated a few weeks later. Nasty nasty stuff.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had that been a stone cat stuck in there I would have cringed even more, those things are as nasty as pretty much anything I have been stung/stabbed by. I think the booze in her system helped a bunch when it happened, once it wore off probably not so much.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dam! that looks like a hardhead cat. Its a saltwater specie that's really venomous, I guarantee she ended up in the hospital a few hours later, and I bet that wound took months to heal.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man, had a very similar thing happen to my little boy a week ago. We were catfishing and had a really little cat take the bait so he was all excited to reel it in without my help (I usually have to hold the rod while he reels). When the fish got close he yanked up on the rod and the small channel cat came flying out of the water right at him. He blocked it with his hand and the damn thing stuck him right in between the fingers and the stinger stuck in there just like it did in this gal's leg. I probably shouldn't have done it, but I just counted to 3 and yanked the sucker out! Poor little guy cried all the way back to the dock but we got it cleaned up and it healed fine. Scary moment for sure. I've been stuck several times -- especially when I was younger -- but it never stuck in there like that.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man, had a very similar thing happen to my little boy a week ago. We were catfishing and had a really little cat take the bait so he was all excited to reel it in without my help (I usually have to hold the rod while he reels). When the fish got close he yanked up on the rod and the small channel cat came flying out of the water right at him. He blocked it with his hand and the damn thing stuck him right in between the fingers and the stinger stuck in there just like it did in this gal's leg. I probably shouldn't have done it, but I just counted to 3 and yanked the sucker out! Poor little guy cried all the way back to the dock but we got it cleaned up and it healed fine. Scary moment for sure. I've been stuck several times -- especially when I was younger -- but it never stuck in there like that.

Ooooooofffff! Poor guy! :(

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
at what point did this seem like a good idea.

Chicks and booze need to be supervised, plain and simple

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got stuck in the shin once hurt like hell. My oldest has gotten a dorsal fin from an eye to the hand. That ended his fishing trip quick.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just laugh at all the guys! Hey let me get in close and take a look at this smelly fish....I'll also take a look at the catfish well I'm down there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19