Door Guy

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I did but he still doesnt have to pull out the door frame ,they make adjustable thresholds to replace the one he has.
I bet you already knew that you were just testing me

587c343e3fcc146aa5a5bdef3e73cd55.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

howto-treshold-01.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
many already have adjustable threasholds in em. but they only go up half inch or so. I've tried doing this a few times and have warped the steel every time. Looked like ass and came apart in a few months. you can put kick plates in and out to help for a while but still don't last long. In the end it's easier, faster and looks better to just remove the door and rehang doing whatever you have to do with siding, etc. If this house is ten or more years old and you can swing the $ just replace the whole door.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
many already have adjustable threasholds in em. but they only go up half inch or so. I've tried doing this a few times and have warped the steel every time. Looked like ass and came apart in a few months. you can put kick plates in and out to help for a while but still don't last long. In the end it's easier, faster and looks better to just remove the door and rehang doing whatever you have to do with siding, etc. If this house is ten or more years old and you can swing the $ just replace the whole door.

Like I said not if its cut right, nope i disagree about removing the door frame but with the right tools and past experience it can be done without to much work.

- - - Updated - - -

it kind of sounds like lunkerslayer needs to make a trip to bismarck ...

Lol why's that

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
This here's a perfect example of "Time vs. Reward". The older I get, the less I want to f with things. Yes, absolutely I could of re-shingled my 40'x80' shop myself this spring with a little help. It took the outfit 2.5 days. And that's from the time they pulled in the yard to the time they left. They had it tore off and shingled in less than 2 days. Yes, I had to fork over some cash for it. But I didn't have to waste 3 days of my own and then 3 days to each guy that would of helped me!!

My view is if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, pay someone to do it the right way. Don't know how many times I've been involved with the "hell we can do that, and I guarantee it will be better than they would do it" theory..... Then it turns out looking like a blind-man's work and you end up having to re-do again it anyways.

Time is to valuable to me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10