Drones - NDGF laws

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
  • It is illegal to use all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned, for spotting game 72 hours prior to and during the hunting season. A licensee cannot hunt the same day they are airborne over their hunting unit, except on a scheduled passenger airline flight. It is illegal to drive, concentrate, rally, raise, stir up or disturb game with all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned.
  • i would assume a drone would be clasified as an unmanned aircraft
I'm not so sure they're classified as aircraft.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
On private property, drone use by anyone other than the property owner will cause problems regardless of reason for use. What if the drone goes down on private property due to mechanical failure?? Does the operator have the right to retrieve it if he didn't have permission to be there. On public property, does a drone operator have the right to fly anywhere at anytime over anybody?? Think anti hunting peta type people. They could buzz every bow hunters location from their vehicle. Think elk hunting. Can a drone operator keep elk off public land and on their private land and say they are just out using their equipment?? The potential for conflict is almost endless.

IMO, drones are nothing but trouble for everyone. Even law enforcement. If they are used in a hostage situation or other crime in progress type deals, I am OK with it, but just flying over someone's backyard without a warrant is probably going to give them headaches.

JMHO though.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer buried in cattails wouldnt get up from a drone going overhead I doubt. Now fly that drone around sundown and you will see exactly what is in those cattails.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
what about the hot neighbor chick this summer getting her tan on? can a guy just fly these babies wherever he see's some talent?

Make sure you pay your taxes before you try that so you can pay your way through prison. ;:;badidea ;:;boozer:;:muahaha

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a watercraft!:;:huh;:;funnypost
most consider them aircraft. however I don't think they meet the technical criteria by the FAA or courts. I think they're in a classification all their own. At least I suspect they are.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what is your brother intending to use the drone for? Just for the fun of it, or work stuff.
My son has a remote airplane that he gets about a 2 mile range on, it's fun as can be, but has to be under 5 mph wind, in Dickinson that's about 4 times a yr, usually a school day

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess would be illegal activities since he asked his brother who is guywhoiscoolasacucumber on a anonymous site. My guess would be for poaching using dynamite for harvesting big piggies eyeballs during spawn. if I had one that would be exactly what I would do the very first time out of the box. #$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41