Ducks book the Bison

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]Bison, Ducks Schedule Football Game in 2020[/h] FARGO, N.D. – Two of the most successful college football teams the past five years have scheduled a head-to-head matchup five years down the road.

Four-time defending FCS national champion North Dakota State will play Oregon at Autzen Stadium in Eugene on Sept. 5, 2020.

Oregon has won four straight bowl games (Rose, Fiesta, Alamo, Rose) and appeared in two national championship games the past five seasons. It will be NDSU's first game against a Pac-12 opponent.

"What a tremendous opportunity for our football program," said NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen. "Having an FBS opponent creates a lot of excitement among our alumni and fan base, and is great exposure for our team, our university, and FCS football as a whole."

The Bison are 8-3 against FBS programs and have won the last five in a row at Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State and Iowa State. NDSU is scheduled to play Big Ten member Iowa in 2016.

"Every FBS game is a challenge but also very rewarding for the young men in our program," said NDSU head coach Chris Klieman. "To go into Oregon and play one of the premier teams in college football in that atmosphere will be an unforgettable experience."

This is the first game added to NDSU's schedule for 2020. Other future non-conference games for the Bison are a home-and-home with Eastern Washington in 2016 and 2017 and a home game with North Dakota in 2019.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Win or lose this is huge publicity for the school. And get a huge check to go with it.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy we're going to get smoked. But I'm still going to watch.

If the two teams matched up today, absolutely yes. 5 years out is a long ways though. They will be two completely different teams than they are today. No program at any level stays on top forever.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll put money the Bison cover the spread. :cool:

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a great recruiting tool this will be. The might be able to grab some good players that might go to other FCS teams.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a great recruiting tool this will be. The might be able to grab some good players that might go to other FCS teams.

exactly right. . . . maybe even be able to pull some more FBS caliber athletes with the promise of more exposure. . .. so what happens when the herd beats Oregon then? :;:cheers on a sidenote I heard Kyle Emmanuel is impressing in San Diego. Playing like a first round draft pick level.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
exactly right. . . . maybe even be able to pull some more FBS caliber athletes with the promise of more exposure. . .. so what happens when the herd beats Oregon then? :;:cheers on a sidenote I heard Kyle Emmanuel is impressing in San Diego. Playing like a first round draft pick level.

I heard the same thing. I guess he is tearing it up.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm only being a realist here. We got lucky with Kansas state. No way around it. Colorado state sucks and has sucked for generations. Oregon is a whole nother beast. I'm still going to go to Eugene.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just hoping and praying the Ducks have a youtube motivator/trash-talker that could hold kansas state's fun-boy's jock strap jusssst in case! That is all.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
A FCS championship caliber Bison team will always get beat by Oregon . Who knows if they will be at the top of the PAC12 but who also knows if the bison will still be winning championships. 5 years aways is along time. Oregon is no Kansas , Minnesota or Colorado state. It will be fun to watch it on national tv.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84