Electric Vehicles

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The entire goal is to force the middle and lower class onto busses, and subways, cuts green house gasses, and fits neatly into the agenda of the progressive liberal.

Everyone must suffer equally, except the political elite and their alias.

EZZIE

Founding Member
Founding Member
mail (2).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mail (1).jpg

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk get a new name?

If you're gonna post at least make it slightly believable.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing about being old. My dad had a 49 Olds which many feel was the first muscle car and he also had a number of Hudson which in the fifties were one of the top race cars.
He had a 57 Olds with the J-2 motor and a 71 Plymouth 440 375 HP which was never beaten on the street.

Then came my time in the sixties with my 426 Plymouth and all the other muscle cars.
It was the best of times. I cannot imagine a young lady wanting to jump in with me driving an EV as compared to my 65 Sport Fury or for that matter my SS Chevy.
Yes, it was the best of times. Now one can hear the hum of an electric motor versus the deep sound of an internal motor. Plus, a car back then look like a women getter. Now it looks like an old man's car. ech. Yes, they may be fast, but they look and sound like crab. db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to take more electricity to keep it warm then it does to make it go. LB

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many coal-fired power plants are there in the world today?

The EU has 468 - building 27 more... … Total of 495

Turkey has 56 - building 93 more... …. Total 149

South Africa has 79 - building 24 more... Total 103

India has 589 - building 446 more... Total 1035

The Philippines has 19 - building 60 more... Total 79

South Korea has 58 - building 26 more... Total of 84

Japan has 90 - building 45 more... Total 135

China has 2,363 - building 1,171 more... Total = 3,534

That’s 5,615 projected coal-powered plants in just 8 countries.

USA has 15 - building 0 more...Total = 15

This is EXCELLENT!! I knew the rough idea about the number of coal plants but had not yet seen actual numbers until now, and Democrat politicians with their "green new deal” want to brainwash us and shut down those 15 plants in order to "save” the planet.

This makes the point. Whatever the USA does or doesn’t do won’t make a Tinker’s Damn regarding CO2 unless the rest of the world, especially China and India reduce their coal-fired power plants as well.

The whole “global warming” and “climate change” gambits by Democrats are to create a *supposedly* sound, scientific basis to justify a federal government power-grab and the passage of MORE laws to increase taxes and increased control of the privately-owned power industry and its distribution. Never forget the *main* motivation they have!

“Oh, we will SAVE the planet!!”

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!! We are being played ….. again !!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Experiment for you! Take a walk or drive down to your town's Public Transportation center. Take a look at thier current buses,vans, etc. They all have a useful life of around 5-6 yrs. Ask if they can order a new bus or van? Probably not as Ford and others are cancelling orders, be it supply chain issues or changing to EV. Chassis issues. ND,SD and other rural states are going to have a really hard time replacing thier buses, vans, etc with gassers because the companies are going with EV.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Passenger seat will come equipped with a set of peddles that turn a little generator to keep the heater running in the winter. LB

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The limited travel distance afforded by EV's has me wondering if it's a plan by "someone" to keep people within 300 miles of their homes.....I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I do question motives behind everything. This is just something that's crossed my mind.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.businessinsider.com/auto-executives-coming-clean-evs-arent-working-2023-10?amp

Well perfect timing just ready another article about ford discontinued their operation on a 12 billion dollar ev battery plant and vehicle plant.

They know something when Charles schwab announce losses of 12 percent of its net worth many might think that's nothing but CB is worth an estimated 7+ trillion.
Doesn't surprise me. The govt is shoving this down peoples throats and they don't want them. Even with the BS subsidies they can't move them....that speaks loudly. No different then the windmills except for those the people don't have much of a choice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56