Electric Vehicles

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think an electric vehicle would be nice to tool around the farm, a park or for a child to learn the basics of driving in the yard. They could also be an eco-friendly way to drag "college" "students" from "protests" to the transport van equipped with an eco-friendly catalytic converter.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think an electric vehicle would be nice to tool around the farm, a park or for a child to learn the basics of driving in the yard. They could also be an eco-friendly way to drag "college" "students" from "protests" to the transport van equipped with an eco-friendly catalytic converter.
Aren't those called golf carts?

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont commercial vehicles cause the majority of wear and tear on our highways? I think I heard that somewhere once. Electric vehicles are typically lighter than petro fueled, so they should pay less, no?
They are not lighter look up weight of Tesla, light 3/4 ton truck.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

$115 million in funding approved for creation of battery manufacturing plant near Beulah​

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The U.S. Department of Energy announced on Thursday that $115 million in funding will go towards a mineral processing facility in Mercer County.

The new facility will process domestic ore minerals for the creation of batteries that will be used for electrical vehicles and electrical power.

The funding will go to the company Talon Metals for the design and construction of the facility. The plant is expected to be located near Beulah.

The company says it plans to conduct workforce training in Mercer County and offer employment opportunities to nearby coal communities and tribal members when employment needs begin.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

$115 million in funding approved for creation of battery manufacturing plant near Beulah​

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The U.S. Department of Energy announced on Thursday that $115 million in funding will go towards a mineral processing facility in Mercer County.

The new facility will process domestic ore minerals for the creation of batteries that will be used for electrical vehicles and electrical power.

The funding will go to the company Talon Metals for the design and construction of the facility. The plant is expected to be located near Beulah.

The company says it plans to conduct workforce training in Mercer County and offer employment opportunities to nearby coal communities and tribal members when employment needs begin.
I thought when USGS released the report on lithium in the West River area, Elon Musk would build a town out this way.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone heard of Edsel Ford? Me thinks the EV vehicles will be the new Ford Edsels of our time. Bet Mr. Henry Ford is happy as heck in his grave that finally a new loser of a product has hit the marketplace so that his son Edsel name can be replaced by EV as a big loser of a product.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yep I believe but iam only speculating that is the reason why an energy conglomerate is building this new natural gas power station, I also believe but pure speculation that it's because we will refine the precious minerals that I believe were discovered in Montana. These are only my thoughts purely based on connecting dots maybe @eyexer can also chime in to give us his known speculations
https://m.miningweekly.com/article/...ery-metals-resource-62-2023-01-27#:~:text=The https://www.moldychum.com/the-ev-mining-rush-could-come-to-montanas-mountains/

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep I believe but iam only speculating that is the reason why an energy conglomerate is building this new natural gas power station, I also believe but pure speculation that it's because we will refine the precious minerals that I believe were discovered in Montana. These are only my thoughts purely based on connecting dots maybe @eyexer can also chime in to give us his known speculations
https://m.miningweekly.com/article/...ery-metals-resource-62-2023-01-27#:~:text=The https://www.moldychum.com/the-ev-mining-rush-could-come-to-montanas-mountains/
I know nothing about it

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

For some reason, I want to say that the ore is coming out of MN, not MT. There was an article on this many months ago, and I was left wondering why the heck anyone would ship ore this far to be refined. Then I remembered it's MN, and they aren't keen on mining nowadays. I could be wrong on this though, but this was what I was left thinking.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This pissed me off when I read it. Haul the heaviest part ($$$) to ND - then do what with the waste????

I wonder if there's some pipe dream to bury it with the fly ash from a coal plant? Either that or we will be left with huge piles of tailings, which is EXACTLY what they most likely had trouble permitting in MN.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool the drama Snow it is NOT EV's. Just the normal 12 volt battery that may not be secure.

DETROIT — Toyota said Wednesday it is recalling nearly 1.9 million RAV4 small SUVs in the U.S. to fix a problem with batteries that can move during forceful turns and potentially cause a fire. The recall covers certain RAV4s from the 2013 through 2018 model years.2 days ago.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88