Empty 10 GA Shells

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worth keeping around or should I chuck them in the trash? Cleaning out shed came across these
10gashell.jpg

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Old paper hulls... chuck'em they appear to be swollen from possible moisture from storage.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know if those are paper hulls or the generation between then and now. Nonetheless, you have a dozen of them. Certainly not old enough yet to be really valuable on the collector's market, nor on the reloadable market. If they are in your (my?) way, in the garbage they go.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys, think I'll keep one for a sovereign, conversation piece.
The story on these go way back to about the mid 70's when we were living in Lakota ND and I was about 12-13 yrs old. Dad came across a guy that had a double barrel 10 ga shotgun for sale. And the guy said we could try it out before we buy it.
He was into goose hunting back in that day, had ask me and my brother who wanted to shoot it.
I could not even get the damn gun pointed over my head, I was a pretty skinny weakling kid back then and said not shootin that damn thing too heavy, so the brother tried, First shot my brother takes he pulls both triggers, down he goes. We decided we didn't want it so we gave it back to the gentlemen. lol But I keep all these shells all these years, I think my dad shot most of all the shells because I also have the original box for these bad boys, Just managed to pick up what I could when he shot it. So I'll keep one and chuck the rest.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My first 10ga,still in storage,32" sxs,double full fixed chokes,

Pass shooting big honkers early 70's my store bought ammo were these very winchester shotshells,you can tell by the crimp,paper shell housing, best long range shot size was #3 buck ,man such a wicked load,

Pos shotgun made in spain,i was poor and the shotgun went Bang double trigger,rear trigger was hair and shotgun would double until i figured it out,busted up trigger finger from recoil (trigger guard),sore shoulder,right hand shooter,right elbow hit my left ear the first time i shot the cannon, not the best trapgun to practice with.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88