End of the year, Hunting, fishing or both?

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm with dirty, sucks that it'll be 9 more months until me and my hunting buddy can chase roosters again. I wrapped up the new years weekend chasing roosters every day. Back to staring out the window every weekend, lol. The bright side, 2020 is by far one of the best "complete" hunting seasons I've ever had. I spent more days in the field this year than ever before, THANK YOU Corona! Filled the freezer the most pheasants I ever have by more than 20 and it wasn't because they were easy this year. Probably the one of the toughest years we've had in many trying to corner those running SOB's! But persistence, a lot of miles on the boots, and good 4-year old dog coming into his prime always payed off! Add to that a successful pronghorn hunt eclipsing both my own and my buddy's POBs on opening days. My son filled his first youth deer tag with a really nice doe. My daughter harvested her first Buck after 13+ days in field, a very nice 140 class 5x5. She hunted hard with me with many 5am mornings and dark-thirty evenings. Thanks to the Rona, we had no sports seasons those weeks and she was able to spend the time doing it and I was glad to take the time to help her. The icing on the cake was setting up a new Long Distance rifle for myself and taking my doe cleanly at 550 yds. Add in some bonus partridge and grouse, and it'll be a season for the books in our family! God Bless the great outdoor opportunity's we have in ND! 2021 has a lot to live up to.

Almost forgot, nobody got sick, the dog didn't find any coons, skunks, or porcupines, and no injury's or vet visits outside of a bruised ego missing a few shots, lol.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
going to be hunting pheasants till the end of january this year since they extended the season and this nice weather will make it even better. try to get a few trips down south for geese and get ready for spring snow goose going to hit them hard this year

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33