EV push lawn mower recommendat

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna retire the old lawnboy gasser. Gonna go the EV route. I don't have a huge lawn..bout 40 minutes to mow. Not looking for top of the line. Recommendations from the peanut gallery? I see worx has one kinda inexpensive. Wish Milwaukee made an EV push lawn mower has i have a few batteries and chargers for all my other Milwaukee stuff..altho i am sure it would require a larger battery for a mower.....at any rate

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an EGO and really enjoy it. You can get about an hour out of a charge and the quick charger will have it charged back up within an hour.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Milwaukee does make one, no experience with it though. looks like it needs 2 of the 12.0 batteries. If my Honda ever dies I will probably be looking at electric as well, but the thing may outlive me!

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/2823-22HD
Dang..i didnt know Milwaukee made them..last i checked i couldnt see that they had..that was a while ago tho. Some good..some bad reviews i see. Thanks for the heads up. May have to consider.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m on the same plan. Waiting for my POS craftsman to die and it won’t despite my lack of maintenance and I’ll go battery powdered push mower as well. Still have the cub cadet tractor but electric make sense for the small amount I push now.

Big C

Gonna retire the old lawnboy gasser. Gonna go the EV route. I don't have a huge lawn..bout 40 minutes to mow. Not looking for top of the line. Recommendations from the peanut gallery? I see worx has one kinda inexpensive. Wish Milwaukee made an EV push lawn mower has i have a few batteries and chargers for all my other Milwaukee stuff..altho i am sure it would require a larger battery for a mower.....at any rate
Each of my daughters have one. One is an EGO self-propelled and the other is a Makita that is not self-propelled. The EGO is a lot heavier but cuts a wider swath and has the assist. It has been flawless for the few years she has had it. Has a larger yard and the self-propelled is useful. Gets about an hour with no issues.

The other with the Makita has a smaller yard so the lighter mower works great, only takes about 20-30 min for entire job. No issues to date with this one either for the past few years of use.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Husqvarna robot, let it do the 40 minutes for you! Neighbor has 2 of them, says he loves them, always weird driving by and seeing a random mower robot about the yard.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Electric mower come on where is your man card. Just weird pushing it and no sound just not right. Gota have noise.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m on the same plan. Waiting for my POS craftsman to die and it won’t despite my lack of maintenance and I’ll go battery powdered push mower as well. Still have the cub cadet tractor but electric make sense for the small amount I push now.
Ha ha, I don't know how old mine is but I have never changed the oil in it and the wheels are tilted in at the top quite severally. Have been looking at new mowers for 2 years now thinking its going to die soon or the wheels are going to fall off but its like a Timex and just keeps on ticking.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
Each of my daughters have one. One is an EGO self-propelled and the other is a Makita that is not self-propelled. The EGO is a lot heavier but cuts a wider swath and has the assist. It has been flawless for the few years she has had it. Has a larger yard and the self-propelled is useful. Gets about an hour with no issues.

The other with the Makita has a smaller yard so the lighter mower works great, only takes about 20-30 min for entire job. No issues to date with this one either for the past few years of use.
question: the self propelled--can you change the setting on the go to NOT self propelled and if so is it a pain to switch over? I'm just thinking when going/mowing down a pretty good hill.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
question: the self propelled--can you change the setting on the go to NOT self propelled and if so is it a pain to switch over? I'm just thinking when going/mowing down a pretty good hill.
don't you just release the lever for self-propelled?

• Dual-Toggle Handleset engages self-propel system with either hand

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. There is a button on each side of the handle that you have to hold in. Once released, it takes it out of self propel mode. You can also adjust speeds with the turn of a dial.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
1696427635748.png

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
never thought about emowers. i wonder how the eblowers work.

NodakBob

Honored Member
I went with Dewalt’s top of the line self propelled rear shell drive, along with their ev weed eater and their smaller blower. Mower works great, has more power in the thick tall stuff than my previous gas motors, but doesn’t suck up all the leaves, left some leaves that worked their way down into the grass. The weed eater is the bomb, light weight and waaay less vibration than my gas Echo. Low/high power switch is a nice option as most grass just needs low power. I can also mow and weed eat without ear muffs (but I still use them). The small blower is light enuf that my wife can blow the leaves off the deck, but not powerful enuf for serious leaf blowing…

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka ,

I bought this used on bisman for like $10 or $25 bucks back in our younger years when money was tighter must be 10-12 years now and it won’t die 2 pull starts every time haha

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A robot mower sounds right up my alley. I wouldn't need a rider then.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have all caught the gay. We don't use electric mowers. Goddammit people.
Smarten up then 701! Amongst my Milwaukee drill, sawzall,impact wrench, etc, I have replaced my gasser leaf blower, hedge trimmer, string trimmer with the battery version by Milwaukee. Prob pull the trigger with the walk behind mower as well. Now...EV.vehicle??? Not even an outside chance of me pulling the trigger on one of those. Mowers tho? For sure it is a good option.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84