New push lawn mower

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe John Deere makes walk behind mowers anymore, but my dad has one of those, and it must be 20 years old and still going strong

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
As others have said spend a little more a get something that will last. I've never understood the cheap mentality, it ends up costing more money and frustration in the end. I have a Honda HR214 that is now over 30 years old, still runs like a champ. Its the only mower i have ever owned. I'm not one to get sentimentally attached to things, including women, but i might shed a tear if that mower ever dies before me.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honda HRX217. Ya its pricy but its worth it. Just like a nice rod and reel. #$%^&>

Ive had mine for 6 years. Change oil, spark plug, and blades once a year. The dual blades really mulch the blades of grass and there is hardly ever a clump left behind. Even if the grass is long. Which also means more moisture retention in the soil, resulting in greener grass longer. My grass is the first on the block to get green and when it gets dry in the fall, all of my neighbors grass looks burnt and mine is nice and green. It has a bigger engine than the lesser expensive models which means it can handle a quick pace and longer grass.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm usually one to buy nice stuff. But I bought a weed eater brand from wal mart for $99 back in college. That thing cuts grass, trees, rocks and whatever else is in the way that I'm too lazy to pick up.

Oil? Yeah I suppose it does have oil. I put gas in it and give her hell.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha bowhunter24,when we were broke kids out of college I put a weed eater on layaway at Kmart because of a friend's recommendation on good cheap mowers. I was surprised how many years it lasted! There have been allot of great mowers mentioned on here. But the original poster asked for ones $300 or less. It's allot like cars and trucks.There's a pile of them out there I'd love to own but know there are all kinds of vehicles I can buy that will get me around just fine at a hell of allot less I guess. Have put over 300k+ miles on cars that I didn't pay 5 grand for and owned them for over 10 years with minimal maintenance "God bless the 3800".

Last edited:

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a craftsman like the one posted earlier. Was right at $300 if I remember right and have had it for 6-7 years now with no issues at all. Just change the oil every spring and sharpen/replace blades when needed. Runs like a champ.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 72
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31