Facial Recognition Software &

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Posts
21,616
Likes
16,986
Points
983
Between Flock, Meta glasses, and new car cameras inside automobiles, what can we do as a society to stop the invasive surveillance of our liberties? I understand we have no right to privacy in public, but does that give everyone the right to use facial recognition in real time? Watch the video on the Meta glasses. I have seen people wearing them.
 


camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
5,128
Likes
2,137
Points
693
Between Flock, Meta glasses, and new car cameras inside automobiles, what can we do as a society to stop the invasive surveillance of our liberties? I understand we have no right to privacy in public, but does that give everyone the right to use facial recognition in real time? Watch the video on the Meta glasses. I have seen people wearing them.

Paranoia will destroy ya.
 

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Posts
13,766
Likes
763
Points
503
Location
williston
I honestly have mixed opinions on the flock cameras. I binge watch shows like “On Patrol Live” etc. in big city counties law enforcement relies heavily on them. The number of stolen cars and high speed pursuits on nuts. But these camera pick these license plates up all the time and it kicks out an alarm to officers in the area that it just picked up that plate and they hit that area immediately and so often they find the vehicle and are able to apprehend the perp. It def helps a great deal keeping bad guys off the street. For us in ND it certainly seems invasive but man they sure have their benefits.
 


KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Posts
10,273
Likes
4,023
Points
863
Location
Valley City
Facial recognition is a totally inaccurate term used by law enforcement to sound like it's absolute evidence. It's facial pattern interpretation or association. Several people have general appearances that are similar. Terminology is irritating, misleading, and the definitions of terms are always being altered to fit the current narrative. Take the term "Woman" as an example currently under review.
 

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Posts
2,345
Likes
6,961
Points
858
I would say a small pocket size wifi or signal jammer, but of course, that is against federal law. Bastards. My next answer would be to wear a mask all the time, but that is so controversially 2020. Then there is moving to the middle of nowhere in Montana and start sending bombs in the mail to Zuckerberg and all the cocksuckers like him, but that one guy already tried that. Resistance appears futile, just lay back and try to enjoy it. Oh, there is also this, but the first rule of this is we do not talk about it...
b2jzek.jpg
 

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Posts
2,345
Likes
6,961
Points
858
Flock away IMO -----crime is not going down --- the numbers of bullshit of lower crime is politics. What is going down is prosecution of these idiots.
Exactly, plus for years our hometown was top 3 or 4 safest in ND, even though there were burglaries, aggravated assaults and even a couple of sexual assaults, but the police chief never reported them on the state and federal paperwork for reporting crimes, so we were "safe". Nothing to see here. Sure, just like downtown Fargo.
 

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,775
Likes
1,885
Points
663
There's already covers and chem sprays that make it difficult for cameras to read your car's plate. I wonder if there will be windshield/side/rear window treatments that do the same without being basically a tint/blackout type of thing?

I refuse to do the "blackout" window treatments that are so dark nobody can see in. I find them dangerous at intersections when other driver's have them and I can't see any action/reaction on their part to know if they're going to stop for a stop sign, yield when they should etc. I refuse to be "That guy" adding to potential confusion on the road, especially in "traffic areas" where not being able to see the other driver = less margin of safety/error.

Plus, those super dark window treatments rob you of 20Min + low-light game spotting at the best times of the day if it happens to be too cold to roll them down......
 

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
22,012
Likes
8,671
Points
963
Location
Dickinson
There's already covers and chem sprays that make it difficult for cameras to read your car's plate. I wonder if there will be windshield/side/rear window treatments that do the same without being basically a tint/blackout type of thing?

I refuse to do the "blackout" window treatments that are so dark nobody can see in. I find them dangerous at intersections when other driver's have them and I can't see any action/reaction on their part to know if they're going to stop for a stop sign, yield when they should etc. I refuse to be "That guy" adding to potential confusion on the road, especially in "traffic areas" where not being able to see the other driver = less margin of safety/error.

Plus, those super dark window treatments rob you of 20Min + low-light game spotting at the best times of the day if it happens to be too cold to roll them down......
Just put in a few days cow elk hunting in e3. I put the legal maximum on the F150, as I spend most of my days in it, and it really makes it a joy when doing any kind of laptop work in the pickup on a very sunny day, but as stated it sure was not a joy when low light morning and evening hunting. It was a very warm week, so the windows were down. This is with the very minimal tint, cant imagine the black out version.
 


Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 4
Top Bottom