Farm Bureau Boy

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While driving home from work, I was listening to KFYR. THE president of the NDFB is always on there and he said the GFP should SHUT DOWN DEER SEASON!! (or postpone) because of the roads.

Are they that bad, or is he just a POS?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read their bylaws if you get a chance. Pretty standard thought process from NDFB.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't hear the program and I'm guessing that it was Darrell Lies. The biggest problem with the NDFB is that they think that they should be running the ND Game and Fish. I was out at our land this past weekend and it was very slimy, but most of the damage that I saw was from farm machinery and semi-trucks. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be out there as it is their business, but they shouldn't be slinging a bunch of bullshit either. The moment that the NDFB starts paying for all the roads, I'll start caring about their opinion.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The township roads are not good, and people should stay off the prairie trails

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
gravel roads are a mess right now but will improve quickly if we quit getting moisture and see some sunshine. trails and section lines are going to be a mess for quite a while.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
While driving home from work, I was listening to KFYR. THE president of the NDFB is always on there and he said the GFP should SHUT DOWN DEER SEASON!! (or postpone) because of the roads.

Are they that bad, or is he just a POS?
I happened to catch that part of the show and he was clearly joking. It was part of a jab at NDGF.

The gravel roads are definitely soupy in many places and prairie trails are likely worse.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the winds will help them dry out before Friday.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i buy nodak insurance but question their purpose in life. db

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I happened to catch that part of the show and he was clearly joking. It was part of a jab at NDGF.

The gravel roads are definitely soupy in many places and prairie trails are likely worse.
I think he'd really like to see them do it. He knows they won't so he said it kind of toung and cheek, but my take is he really wants GFP to shut down or postpone deer season. He said it over and over.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have nodak insurance just cause we have been lifelong customers and our agents are personal friends. But, I am definitely at odds with some of their policies. Having said that, my gravel roads are shit and i doubt I will see a grader other than a plow before may or June. However, that's not the fault of a single hunter. It's the daily travel of the residents and farmers doing what we do everyday to get to and from home, work, school and the fields. Hunters are a small fraction of the current traffic. High % deer hunter traffic is about 4 days. The fall off after that is astronomical. Hopefully, we dry up before next weekend. If it doesn't, we still wont have hunters to blame for our road problems.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm impressed people still listen to kfyr. The morning and afternoon shows suck. They ruined it when the original gangsters retired.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The roads are bad all over and section lines are worse. Yes, farmers need to get crops out so we hunters will not be to blame for all of it. Damn wettest I have seen in my life. We are just bird hunting deer guys will be worse, I guess get out walk more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84