Favorite blade bait?

Victory

I have tried a handful of blade baits throughout the years, but with little success. Is it not a great bait for around here or am I doing something wrong? And what are the blade baits you have used that you like?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I’ve had some success with the B Fish N, but not a lot. It’s definitely not a confidence lure of mine.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just going to post about that Auggie! Couldn't think of the name and was going to ask. I think they'd be a trout killer in the Hills and Tailrace. I have no experience. I own a couple but have never bothered to throw because I haven't replaced the Chinese joke-assed split rings and hooks.

Oh, I clicked on the vid. You suck. :mad:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was just think about blade baits today, tried them a lot with little success. Had one day on the ice where I smoked them on a Sebile Vibrato. But never have replicated that? They’re about to get retired.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll take them off your hands. Not all are created equal. Johnson’s IMO had the best but it looks like they sold thier design to Berkley.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely blade baits have their place in my ice fishing arsenal, I like the option that you can adjust the position of the snap to give you lure different angles for the option of putting a dead minnow head. I have only used them during ice fishing and only the very smaller sizes either with red(pink) white uv or the tried and true gold/silver combo colors.
Also having used with great success the puppet minnow lure and for a time they were either sold out or not being produced so the blade bait was another option. I really like using them also because they make alot of flutter and noise with the added scent of the minnow head where trying to bring active fish into your cone angle. Once you have them you can switch to a smaller spoon type lure with a stinger lead or a tungsten drop to entice those finicky late season eater. But using them for eyeballs over using a traditional spoon they are a worthy adversary when it comes to that 2 hook set up over the spoons one hook set up.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven’t tried the V-Rod. Mostly Heddon Sonars or the Johnson baits.

I’ve been trying to get more Vibratos but they are out of stock everywhere.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I absolutely agree the sebile vibrato, captain Jack, or Damiki Vault blade bait are all very well made and can be used interchangeably with the same color combination.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88