favorite ice rod locker holder

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had that bag, lunker. Liked it for tackle storage but soft cases and rod tips aren't exactly friends.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plano all weather 42" case with the pull-a-part foam inserts. Just long enough to get the Winnipeg rods in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9QOBX6/?tag=nodakangler10-20 Capture.JPG

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Scheels (red/black) case that i think is pretty good if you get it for half price, $40 which they usually run once or twice a year. I also bought an otter case to go on my otter ATV box. I think the otter case is a must have if you have an otter box, but other than that i think its a little to shallow. I would stay away from soft bags.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20161118_100627.jpg
Notice my ice pirate spectacles the vortex diamondbacks that I got from reading of the good deals of another thread thanks again ItemB

20161118_100618.jpg
I got this rod case becuase of the one GuywholikestosharehisstuffwithNDA

- - - Updated - - -

I am done with the meat sticks they are absolutely junk now its time to spend some dollars on some new rods SUGGESTIONS

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am done with the meat sticks they are absolutely junk now its time to spend some dollars on some new rods SUGGESTIONS

Because of their quality craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service, I will always point people to Thorne Bros. I have five of their rods and I'd gladly sell every one of my other rods to purchase just one more TB.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because of their quality craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service, I will always point people to Thorne Bros. I have five of their rods and I'd gladly sell every one of my other rods to purchase just one more TB.
thanks someoneelsewhoisalsoaslayerofthings

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks someoneelsewhoisalsoaslayerofthings

TB actually has a pretty sweet custom rod builder on their website: https://thornebros.com/collections/ice-rod/products/thorne-bros-custom-ice-rod-1

You can play around with different options and see where all the extra costs come into play. But you can also pick your wrap colors and even get a saying on there for no extra charge. For the guy who has everything, might as well put "Lunkerslayer's Meat Stick" on your personalized TB rod.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know hey it would be looking for just one rod now, then later this winter I will be taking a class on how to build my own lunkerslayers custom rods
DH customs
TB customs
Tuned Up costumes

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know hey it would be looking for just one rod now, then later this winter I will be taking a class on how to build my own lunkerslayers custom rods
DH customs
TB customs
Tuned Up costumes
I built an ice rod last year, Working on a 7 foot split grip right now. Pretty fun to do. But its addicting too. Great way to unwind after a busy day

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you sell rods fishreaper

I have not sold any yet. I might once i get to the point i think the are perfect. As for right now ive had people order the parts and ship to me. Ill do the work and they get the rod. If they want to pay on labor thats up to them. I sure dont expect it. Ill post pics tonight of the ice rod i did.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I built an ice rod last year, Working on a 7 foot split grip right now. Pretty fun to do. But its addicting too. Great way to unwind after a busy day

Holy crap...7 feet is huge for an ice rod. You must have one of those jumbo-sized drop-downs that doubles as a mobile home in the summer, eh?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
can a guy still buy the thorne bros ice rod blanks. I wanna build a couple with them but last time I looked I couldn't find much but didn't look that hard either

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88