Fish House Break In

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got down to Beaver today to fish and noticed some douchebag low lifes busted the window out of a guys ice castle. Called the guy to notify him and he came down to pick up his house. They apparently took his vexilar, rods and tackle. Nicest older gentleman too. I guess some scumbag needed it more than this sportsman. I hate seeing this stuff. I had my house down here last year with no problems. Safe to say it won't be coming down this year if that sort of crowd is luring around. Hope the person that did it falls through the ice and drowns Thumbs Up.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately that's just one more reason i don't have a permanent. Those thing are sitting ducks out there an a lake in the middle of the night. It would be nice if a guy didn't have to worry about it, but there are dipshits everywhere.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even with a permanent, I'd never leave valuables in there. Too easy to get in and cause someone a bunch of heartache.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even with a permanent, I'd never leave valuables in there. Too easy to get in and cause someone a bunch of heartache.

This exactly. My grandpa used to have a spear shack. Tiny thing. Built it himself. It was tipped over decades ago and a bunch of his stuff was stolen, including a dozen or so hand-carved spearing decoys my great grandfather made.

Since then, he took everything with him to and from the shack, except for the heater that was bolted to the wall, and the propane tank locked and chained to the frame. Then he just left the door unlocked and hoped whoever used it kept the hole open and didn't leave a bunch of garbage behind.

Not saying I'd do that with a $15,000 Ice Castle, but then I'd never be able to afford one of those anyway.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats why my house goes home with me every night. If I go home it comes with me. It doesnt take that long to set it up in the morning and I dont have to worry.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Amy surprise one of these low life's one day. Coyotes come out on the Pipestem reservoir at night and clean up bait etc. I have.been thinking about having my wife drop me off and leave me overnight. Fish all night and only use a low light red light. AR and shotgun with 00buck. Maybe I can barrow a satellite dish to leave on the ice for bait.#$%^&>

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be fun to leave the pickup on shore and wait in the house for these thieves to show up. Can sit there and fish all night with the lights out, and be ready for the bastards when they come.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
a booby trap would be awesome,,,, exploding ink packs inside the door and some on the roof to get vehicles too.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access was rough. 4 wheelers were getting stuck!! East side access looks better. Fishing was slow too- lots of fish moving through but not much biting going on.

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let him drown in his sorrow. It lasts longer

Only thing is, is that those useless worthless son of a bitchen bastards don't have a conscience. Goddamn I hate thieves. It happened to my fish house too about 15 yrs ago.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you imagine the look on someone face as there about to break into your house and you jerk the door open. People would be run for sure.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you imagine the look on someone face as there about to break into your house and you jerk the door open. People would be run for sure.

Pop open the door with a shotgun in your hand like a pissed off teenage girl's dad!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camera systems aren't that expensive (compare to underwater camera or vex) and could be effective with a little thought and creativity. Someone with better means than me could even have them on the "network" and monitor real time if desired.

I'd go nuts on someone I saw doing this. Sorry you experienced this man......I still believe permanents have their advantages, this is definitely one of the worries. I have had stuff stolen and it's a violation that creates instant rage. Hopefully there weren't kids involved but instead an 80 lb meth-head girlfriend along for the ride that created the kid-like foot prints.

mmanske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just went out to my house lastnight in brewer lake in cass co. Found wheeler tracks going up to my house and adult and child prints in the snow. My window was broken out which is too small for any adult to climb through and my propane tank and shovel were stolen and the cabinet was gone through and thrown all over the house i really hope it wasnt some asshole breaking the window and having his kid go in and steal all my stuff

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
People SHOULD run if they open the door to a shotgun barrel!

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the a system F up here. It appears to be a cart in front of the horse. Post 15 indicates sorry for the kid footprint when in post 16 is the story about the footprint.

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
The members on this site are so tight that they know what the next person is going to post before they even post.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31