IMG_7951.jpeg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to be that blue truck in the middle😂

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
From my personal experience that fishing from shore in always the best in July,.especially around the bridges on devils lake. Leaches are even bigger during the peak summer season,.went fishing last Sunday on the mauve Coulee and of course it was just full of blue plates. I don't have issues with them most keep their distance and are always seem to have a warm smile.
Went to woods rotten last weekend in June so the weekend before the 4th and of course the bridge is stacked with boats. I won't go there just pointing out that you have a boat that can take you anywhere but many would rather fish from shore in a boat. Eye roll

walleyewanker

East end is horseshit. It would have to take a tournament to bring that many boats to the area. Hence the tournament weights

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very tough fishing, the fish are most definitely here, but it takes a 15mph breeze to catch em in this gin clear water. With the water flat calm, the bite would shut down by noon most days last week, a couple of days of prefish we had a decent se wind that would keep the bite going til 2pm or so, but in the back of your head you had to keep in mind that the tournament days were going to be glass. The bright side to the whole thing was that there was no deep bite, so small fish caught were easily released.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy went and fished van hook this weekend and done in two hours with a 19” average. Said it was lights out how much better the fishing was there than Oahe.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm reading the results right, the first place team after day 1 only got 1 fish for 4 pounds the second day and lost by less than a quarter pound? That hurts.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I'm reading the results right, the first place team after day 1 only got 1 fish for 4 pounds the second day and lost by less than a quarter pound? That hurts.

Yep, you read that right. They had a 12 lb lead with 31lbs on day one, on a field that struggled to put a 2lb average up and weighed one fish the second day to lose by 3-4 oz..................That ones gonna sting for a minute, or probably a lifetime. you know they probably threw back some fish waiting for the big ones to hit the second day :sick:

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rumor has it that they lost out on their spot to an earlier flight boat, that person did have waypoints to prove he knew about it before the tournament and not because it was the "leaders spot". Sounded like it was the only fish they could catch. Its a major bummer for sure but proof that no one owns the lake.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I stand corrected on my last sentence, thanks Bauer.

Hmmm, not sure what to think of that scenario if that was the case. No one owns the water and everyone has the same right to every drop. If I fished a spot 100% by myself on day one, and show up to the same spot after being in a big lead to find another boat on it, I'd probably be pretty pissed. The flip side, if I was sitting on a point spot locked, and there were 25 other boats fishing the same area, I can't say I wouldn't expect someone to be sitting there the next day. However in that scenerio I wouldn't be afraid to fish the same area, fish move around enough throughout the day that being 50-100 ft away gives you a better oppertunity than swinging for the fence in other spots. Be interesting to know what the full story is, probably never find out.

Idk, I had some people come right in on me over the weekend to the point I could have damn near touched their boat with a 8 ft rod. Happened both days fishing small islands so I know people aren't afraid to get close................

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rumor has it that they lost out on their spot to an earlier flight boat, that person did have waypoints to prove he knew about it before the tournament and not because it was the "leaders spot". Sounded like it was the only fish they could catch. Its a major bummer for sure but proof that no one owns the lake.
So this other boat had to "PROVE" he had been there before? What kind of bullshit is that!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7