Forget the cats here come the wolverines!(not college sports)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if the g&f just section off their horse trailer so they can haul more than one variety of critters for the fine folks of ND

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
my sources* tell me that after 2 more trailers of wolverine disbursements in the fall of 2018 they will aggressively start stocking ligers**….

* by sources I mean the voices in my head
** by ligers I mean ligers

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
had a lady at the office show me this pic, i thought it was a wolverine

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty amazing, what next tigers?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my sources* tell me that after 2 more trailers of wolverine disbursements in the fall of 2018 they will aggressively start stocking ligers**….

* by sources I mean the voices in my head
** by ligers I mean ligers

Ligers are pretty much my favorite animal

lion-tiger-liger-behavior.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=2]Game and Fish News - May 9, 2016[/h]

• [*=left]Wolverine Shot in McKenzie County
    [*=left]Boat North Dakota Course
    [*=left]First Fish Certificate
    [*=left]Archery Field Day Offered in Bismarck
divider_crop.jpg
[h=2]Wolverine Shot in McKenzie County[/h]
A rancher south of Alexander in McKenzie County shot and killed a wolverine in late April that was harassing livestock. The incident was investigated and determined to be within North Dakota law, which allows a landowner, tenant or that persons agent to catch, or kill any wild furbearing animal (except bears) in protection of poultry, domestic animals or crops.
The 8- to 9-year old male appeared to be healthy, and was found with a radio tracking device in its abdomen. Records indicated the device was inserted in 2008, when the wolverine was captured south of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Internal radio tracking devices are often used in mammals that frequently crawl in and out of burrows, or those that live in water.
This wolverine’s last known location was Colorado in 2012. After which, the battery in its radio tracking device was likely depleted.
The last confirmed record of a wolverine in North Dakota was from the fur trading era during the mid-1800s. The closest population of wolverines occurs in the mountains of Montana, and the forests of northern Canada. However, male wolverines are known to travel great distances in search of habitat, food and/or other wolverines.
A full body mount will be displayed in the furbearer exhibit at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department in Bismarck.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game and Fish News - May 9, 2016

• [*=left]Wolverine Shot in McKenzie County
divider_crop.jpg
Wolverine Shot in McKenzie County

A rancher south of Alexander in McKenzie County shot and killed a wolverine in late April that was harassing livestock.

The 8- to 9-year old male appeared to be healthy, and was found with a radio tracking device in its abdomen. Records indicated the device was inserted in 2008, when the wolverine was captured south of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.

This wolverine’s last known location was Colorado in 2012. After which, the battery in its radio tracking device was likely depleted.
A full body mount will be displayed in the furbearer exhibit at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department in Bismarck.

WOW, was tagged in Yellowstone, NP, WY, went through CO and would up in ND. Wonder how much havoc that little monster caused on his little trip.

Wonder where he actually started out before he was caught in WY?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one by Katie Olson WMA on Ashtabula about 20 years ago. This one was full grown and "Loping" or whatever they do across a stubble field in broad daylight. No mistaking that critter. Never saw it again or heard of it being seen. Mean, Nasty, Stinky, Evil Tempered Critter if ever there was one. Them and Honey Badgers are about neck and neck when it comes to temperament and attitude.

Same deal about ten years ago NE of the base. ZERO mistaking. Thought is was a bear cub at first. Early Feb was my second clue.

cornman53

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one between Beaver Bay and Beulah Bay about 12 years ago. We were fishing and it ran across the road right in front of us right at sun set. My son and I both looked at each other and said "Was that a wolverine?" at the exact same time. I called fish and game and they basically called me a liar and said they are not in ND. Kinda like what they used to say about mountain lions.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a documentary a few months ago where they are recording them in areas of Wisconsin and close to Minnesota. They thought that it was similar to our deal being just a stray but they started showing up on game cams fairly regular.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80