Game and fish meetings

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure you guys go to the meetings! The game and fish they need to do yearly deer surveys nomatter how much snow we have. It needs to be done every year they do for everything else muledeer, antelope, grouse, pheasants, ducks. No reason they can't do it for the most hunted animal in the state EVERY year. Hopefully we can make sure we don't loose another generation of deer hunters because of bad deer management and not knowing how many deer are out there

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to limit out of state mule deer bow tags even more or do something like they do to limit them from hunting opening weekend. It was a shit show both bow and rifle with out of staters chasing every mule deer buck they seen. Until draws get to be more than every 7th year I say we suspend out of state mule deer tags. I sent a letter last year but won't be around for the meeting this year.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to limit out of state mule deer bow tags even more or do something like they do to limit them from hunting opening weekend. It was a shit show both bow and rifle with out of staters chasing every mule deer buck they seen. Until draws get to be more than every 7th year I say we suspend out of state mule deer tags. I sent a letter last year but won't be around for the meeting this year.

I was shocked at the out of state plates in 4c this year hunting muleys.

- - - Updated - - -

There are too many rifle tags being sold in the muley units also. The badlands was basically an used camper lot during rifle season.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need to contact your legislator's about non-resident mule deer tags. They're set by statute and Game & Fish can't just change that.

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
since everybody is on one about the muley tags I will throw in my 2 cents. I don't know about the rest of you but I enjoy hunting out of state as well and you have to remember what comes around goes around. by eliminating NR muley tags other states can do the same thing with their tags too and pretty soon nobody can get a tag for anything anywhere but their own state. there is other solutions than eliminating the tag.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need to contact your legislator's about non-resident mule deer tags. They're set by statute and Game & Fish can't just change that.
Yes and while you're at it make them change the gratis tag requirement to a minimum of 640 acres to get with the times!:;:stirthepot

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
since everybody is on one about the muley tags I will throw in my 2 cents. I don't know about the rest of you but I enjoy hunting out of state as well and you have to remember what comes around goes around. by eliminating NR muley tags other states can do the same thing with their tags too and pretty soon nobody can get a tag for anything anywhere but their own state. there is other solutions than eliminating the tag.
Thing is in a lot of the other states the residents aren't waiting for 7 years to get a tag already, if it was 2-3 year max then I don't see a problem with having the amount of tags they have now but add 300 people with bow who get to chase muleys in a 100 x 100 mile area on top of the residents, In the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world but it would be nice to put some limiting factors on the whole thing, other states would do it to us if they had the population we do.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thing is in a lot of the other states the residents aren't waiting for 7 years to get a tag already, if it was 2-3 year max then I don't see a problem with having the amount of tags they have now but add 300 people with bow who get to chase muleys in a 100 x 100 mile area on top of the residents, In the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world but it would be nice to put some limiting factors on the whole thing, other states would do it to us if they had the population we do.

Not only that but other western states will never do that. They rely to heavily on non-resident dollars to fund their departments. Those fees have a make up a much larger percentage of the budget for states like Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. Eliminating them would be cutting their own throats. The impact of eliminating non-resident mule deer tags on the budget of NDGF would be minimal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30