Giant Paddlefish

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a big one for sure. Lots of patience required on light tackle. I boated one a few years ago, and took a ton of crap for taking pictures. Released it less than a couple minutes after getting my mitts on it.

Congratulations on catching one of the biggest fish in the state.

Someone above asked - I will too. Any idea of the weight?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ignore all the haters. Great fish once in a lifetime!! You damn right you better take pictures lol. Must have been insane on walleye gear. Congrats!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Excellent.

Its a fish for eff sakes, why would anyone complain about a guy catching a big'n, taking some pics, and releasing it.

Must have some LGBT liberals on the site that are just too special for us.

Congrats.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a whole bunch of 'em just north of Bis/Man on the river. I assume that's where you were located?

That one has been in this neck of the river for quite some time to be that size. I imagine when she was an 1' long she made it through the turbines at the damn.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
the internet police gotta love them..... they have nothing better to do then nit pick pictures...congrats man! that woulda been one helluva ride!;:;bowdown

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't have scale for weight. But I know it was close to the 130 pound state record

Great fish.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but having weighed more than a fair share of paddlefish, I would say this fish is 60-70 pounds. I take it your length measurement was tip of the rostrum to tip of the upper love of the tail to get 71 inches?

Standard measurements for paddlefish are actually taken from the eye to the very center of the tail, because they are often times missing part of one of the other - the state record 130 lb fish was also probably measured in a similar manner.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great fish, looks like it was blast trying to get her in. Maybe I broke my rostrum Camoman, I am short for my weight, haha

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This one weighed 65 lbs and I'm 5'10''. Don't have a clue on how long it was.

Kirk's 2013 Paddle fish.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36