Going from a pickup to an suv

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All brands have troubles lets face it, none better than other gas or diesel. I have been GM fan forever guess I got the good one's. I do have family that own mechanic shops so I do avoid some of not so nice vehicles. I run all mine up to 200K with just normal wear and tear. I do like 6.2 better than 5.3 not brain surgery more hp and torque. Will see in few years when get newer 6.6 gas. Not big turbo fan on little gas engines have to twist them up to get going good with newer 10 speed shift all damn time. I hate my company equinox little shit turbo motor, shifts 5 times before hit 35mph and dog on quick starts, the up side 27 MPG in town.
Damn good re- view,couldn't agree more.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All brands have troubles lets face it, none better than other gas or diesel. I have been GM fan forever guess I got the good one's. I do have family that own mechanic shops so I do avoid some of not so nice vehicles. I run all mine up to 200K with just normal wear and tear. I do like 6.2 better than 5.3 not brain surgery more hp and torque. Will see in few years when get newer 6.6 gas. Not big turbo fan on little gas engines have to twist them up to get going good with newer 10 speed shift all damn time. I hate my company equinox little shit turbo motor, shifts 5 times before hit 35mph and dog on quick starts, the up side 27 MPG in town.
I agree..I think what is most important is the dealer and how they handle the repairs...with that said stay away from Eidie ford bismarck..been a complete nightmare for me and others that I know. I am sure others will disagree but I would say on the conservative side I have had vehicles in there atleast 10 times and not 1 has come back repaired or handled correctly. This is multiple vehicles-cars to trucks. Wish I could say they are great but they are opposite. Next vehicle will not be a Ford just because of the service dept.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree..I think what is most important is the dealer and how they handle the repairs...with that said stay away from Eidie ford bismarck..been a complete nightmare for me and others that I know. I am sure others will disagree but I would say on the conservative side I have had vehicles in there atleast 10 times and not 1 has come back repaired or handled correctly. This is multiple vehicles-cars to trucks. Wish I could say they are great but they are opposite. Next vehicle will not be a Ford just because of the service dept.
Agreed fester,today vehicle prices,trucks,suv's pushing $100k,service,good quality service confidence building service,sales might do a great job demonstrating your new ride,its a great feeling when sales process is done right,however later when service is needed and if the service writer or tech is having a bad day and poor workmanship can and will effect future sales at that dealship,sales,service,business office all need to be on the same page,

Days of new vehicle warranties of 30ft or 30 seconds is long over,

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where you gonna through all those gutted out deer or antelope with an SUV?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38